i. fourteen - alyssa-er, alliah jacinto and the goddess of beauty

words : 3142

* * *

"stables?!"

alliah's voice echoed throughout the whole room as she marched into the big house, her eyes blazing furiously. behind her, grover followed nervously.

"alliah, wait, maybe just-"

"stables?!" alliah repeated again, glaring down chiron who stood before her. "i won us the game so i'm being punished?!"

"you're being punished cuz you curbstomped some kid when our only rule," mr. d suddenly chimed in, emerging from another room, crossing his arms. "was no maiming."

"are you kidding me, have you seen what she did to me?!" alliah's voice only rose and grew angrier. "plus she maimed me first- she was the first maimer! shouldn't she get punished for that?!"

"miss la rue will be getting her own punishment, yes." chiron nodded, his voice remaining calm. "and she will fulfill them once she's out of infirmary due to the fact that both of her legs are broken and her right arm is no longer mobile."

he gave her a look as he explained clarisse's injuries which only fuelled alliah's rage more.

"good!" she shrieked. "maybe that'll teach her a lesson so she doesn't go after people like that the next time!"

"calm down, alyssa, you're lucky you only got stable duty." mr. d was now starting to get angry as well, displeased about the way she had been talking to them. "you could've gotten much-"

"my name is alliah." alliah declared. "alliah jacinto - and you've known that."

mr. d shrugged. "i really didn't."

alliah tried to think of more to scream at them when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"c'mon, alliah, it's no use." grover whispered, visibly very afraid to make eye contact with mr. d. "let's just go before you get worse than the stables..."

after a few more seconds' thought, alliah shot one last glare towards the camp's directors, before turning and storming out, almost knocking grover to the side in the process.

-

"what do you think you're doing?"

alliah didn't say a word as she continued grabbing handfuls of packed mini banana bread slices from the pavillion's food trays, annabeth following after her in disbelief.

"alliah, talk to me."

the girl once again ignored her as she shoved the bread into her pockets. she then marched out and headed for the hermes' cabin.

"alliah!" annabeth called out, racing after her as she entered the cabin, slamming the door behind her.

annabeth pried the door open and she rushed in. luckily, there seemed to be nobody else in the cabin to witness whatever alliah was going through right then.

"alliah, stop!"

annabeth pried the notepad in alliah's hand when she realized she was writing a letter to her cabinmates - a farewell letter.

she was gonna leave camp.

"stop it!" annabeth tossed the notepad on the floor, forcing alliah to look her in the eyes. "alliah, talk to me!"

"it didn't work." alliah's eyes began to glaze over as she frowned deeply, her brows furrowed and angry. "the stupid game didn't work. my mother hasn't claimed me - even though i got ambushed and won the thing, i'm still not claimed."