i. twenty five - a what party?!

words : 5086

* * *

the kids scrambled out of the van, watching as the animals ran loose into the streets.

"this seems dangerous." percy cleared his throat as they watched the havoc they had ensued.

"oh, they'll be totally fine." grover shook his head. "i gave them a satyr's blessing so they'll be able to reach the wilderness safely."

"i think he meant, for the people." alliah stared blankly as she witnessed the funny-looking zebra stick his head into one of the cars and chewed on a screaming man's toupee.

she watched as the animals roamed around the street cluelessly, cars and trucks honking at them as they found themselves stuck in an abrupt halt because of said animals.

"oh, them." grover blinked, seemingly unbothered about the people they had bothered. "well, i mean, i'm sure they'll..."

they watched as a woman was chased out of her car by a pair of baboons.

"yeah i don't know, but the animals are all set."

"okay come on, before the cops show up." annabeth stated, ushering for them to follow her as she tucked away into a bush.

alliah whined. "but i wanna say bye to the funny-looking zebra."

percy shared her scowl. "me too."

grover sighed, pulling them away from the site after hearing the sound of a police siren in the distance. "yes yes, the funny-looking zebra loves you too, let's go."

alliah pouted, sadly following after. "did the funny-looking zebra actually say that or are you just making it up?"

"yes he did," grover smirked. "and he says you two are funny-looking too - now let's go."

percy and alliah joined the other two as they broke through a bush and crawled to the other side, staring up at the unfamiliar city before them.

buildings rose to the sky like they'd never seen before, large signs hung on billboards that advertised what the city was known for - casinos.

"so how do we know which one's the lotus hotel?" percy questioned, eyeing the multiple buildings lined against each other.

"hmm, let me think," annabeth said sarcastically. "maybe the one with the giant lotus blossom on it?"

percy gazed at the building she'd just pointed out - it in fact, had the image of a giant lotus blossom on it.

alliah shook her head following after annabeth as she led the way towards the hotel.

"honestly, perseus, you're dyslexic not blind..."

-

upon arrival, alliah realized why the casino was so popular.

it was a big place with what seemed like thousands of games lined alongside each other, ready to be played after the other. loud music blasted as people swarmed the floors, panning from left to right rushing to experience everything the place had to offer - some even stopping to dance. snack bars, drinks, parties - this place was lit, she decided.

"this place is awesome." alliah couldn't help mutter under her breath, staring up mystified at the blaring lights that danced along to the beat of some pop song blaring through unseen speakers. "what is this song?"

annabeth pulled her aside, forcing her eyes away from the games and bars. "doesn't matter - remember, we're here on a mission."

"i know we're supposed to be saving the world, but would it be unprofessional if we just hung out here for a bit?" percy stared at the game machines.