i. twenty six - perseus ensures he never gets his driver's license

words : 2659

* * *

bursting through the doors and finding themselves in a parking lot, alliah reluctantly followed behind the group of people she now found herself stuck with.

she didn't know who they were or what she was doing with them - but something overwhelming in her gut told her to do as that strange boy told her, and to follow them.

"so what kind of car does the god of travelers have?" the strange boy asked, as he rattled car keys in his hand.

he imagined some badass race car or mysterious limousine as they made their way down some other cars and parking spots.

"god of what?" alliah questioned.

"don't worry about it." the boy shook his head before turning to the other girl alliah didn't recognize. "what do you think?"

"guys i gotta say, so far this quest is really exciting." the other boy who, oddly had a head of small horns answered before the girl could.

"finding the car isn't the quest." the girl rose an eyebrow.

the horned boy blinked. "there's more?"

alliah liked that boy - he seemed to be as clueless as she was and not-so-serious despite the other two.

the other boy with a head of blonde curls - who alliah decided she would identify as 'barnacles' - muttered something under his breath.

"what was that?"

"nothing." he sighed. "look, we're in a bit of a hurry so how 'bout we explain everything later when we're on the way?"

alliah crossed her arms. "you guys basically kidnapped me so i think i deserve somewhat of an explanation."

"me too." the other boy chimed in.

barnacles groaned and the other girl took over.

"come on, you two - we're already late so could we please just find this car first?"

"we're late?" the horned boy asked.

"very late."

the boy's face fell. "are we late because of me?"

"it's okay, we're gonna be okay." barnacles assured him. "but i hope that game you were playing was amazing."

he had a certain sympathy to his eyes - something aliah somehow found cute.

but even the fact that she found barnacles to be quite 'cute', wouldn't be enough to keep her following them if she was left in the dark.

"not unless one of you tells me where we're going and why i'm here." she crossed her arms, halting. "or else i'm turning right back around and going back to the party."

barnacles and the other girl exchanged a frustrated look.

"you guys go," barnacles decided, gesturing the girl and the other boy forwards. "i'll stay back and catch her up."

the girl nodded, pulling the other boy away before he could ask any more questions himself.

"okay, listen up cuz i'm only repeating myself one more time." the boy sighed before explaining. "your name is alliah jacinto, i'm percy jackson and the other two over there, are annabeth chase and grover underwood - we're your friends and about five hours ago, we were all on a quest together to find zeus' master bolt. now i know this sounds weird to you, but i need you to just trust me - this was a lot easier back then when your brain wasn't all fluffy and your memories were fine..."