Chapter 59: What a Splendid Disguise

I made sure to remind the system about waking me up

I made sure to remind the system about waking me up. Sure enough, it did wake me up.

"Thanks, bitch." With a frown, I can only move quick or else I'll be late. Fixing the blonde wig and the blue colored contact lenses, I wore a simple yet pretty dress that matched with my disguise.

[System]
Forgive me, Suhyeeeeeon! I overslept too T-T

I just sighed after successfully putting on the wig and combing it with a hair brush. "Alright, alright. Help me out real quick! I need the path!"

[System]
Roger!

The system soon presented the arrows guiding me to wherever Dahyeon and Venus Kim are livestreaming right now. As soon as I left the room, mom noticed me and her expression looks surprised.

"Suhyeon? Why are you—where are you going?"

See how much I overslept? It's already morning!

"Haha, mom. I'm going to follow along Dahyeon." That's not a lie anyway, so there's nothing wrong to inform her about my intention.

Mom only sighed while preparing the meals on the table. "Then before you leave, eat breakfast first."

Oh shoot, I almost forgot that I need to eat like any normal human being.

Anxiously glancing at the clock, I heaved out a sigh. If I leave abruptly, I might starve myself later on. But if I don't go there now...

[System]
Don't starve yourself, honey.

I tried to hide my disturbed expression or else mom will misunderstand. Turning back to mom, I beamed a smile. "Okay!"

As we both sat down to eat, in the middle of enjoying the meal, I remembered something crucial. "Mom?"

"Hm?"

"Are you really supporting Dahyeon to become an influencer?" I asked out of pure curiousity. Not all parents are really supportive, some may seem to be but they only care about the positive feedback.

You know, not believing in their kids first but when they're finally successful, they'll be boasting about it? Haha, I've been there, just the opposite.

That's why I'm curious to hear mom's response.

She only closed her eyes and took a bite of the meal she cooked. "Why not? Let her enjoy her youth."

Oh.

It took me quite a while to respond. "You got a point." Mrs. Kim is such a nice woman, a kind mother, indeed. Somehow, I feel...I don't know, maybe bad?

Before I end up overthinking, she then asked me a question. "How about you? Why don't you do something with your life too?"

I chewed on the food first and swallowed it before responding. "I'm trying to unify Gangbuk."