Chapter 17

Caleb was conflicted. He saw dark circles under his Majesty's eyes. He doesn't know if it's okay to tell this terrible news now that the problem with the unbalanced power of the nobles is becoming apparent.

But he needs to know. Besides if his majesty was someone who can't handle everything that's happening he is not someone who deserve the highest position.

"Your Majesty." Caleb started

Nicholas looked at him. "Oh you're there. Where is the Empress?"

"Your Majesty, the thing is..."

--

Alarice was so full. After he cried a river her friends just went up and asked her to go and eat in an eat-all-you-can buffet.

"Alright!! Screw all those men! Let's go and eat! That's the best way to relieve stress!!" Odessa said

And now, wearing disguise they were all walking sluggishly from drowning to all the foods they ate. They actually ate in three restaurants and one dessert shop.

"I feel sick." Olivia said as she covers her mouth to stop herself from vomiting

"I'll never do that again. I feel like I won't be able to eat for the next week. " Amara said

"That feels refreshing! We should do it more! It's been a while since I ate without inhibitions!" Alarice said cheerfully

The three of them just looked at each other and smile. They were glad that they got their friend to cheer up.

"Come one. It's night time already we should go back." Odessa said

Alarice stopped smiling.

"I don't think I wanna go back in there." She whispered

Amara sighed. They were all looking worried.

"You can always go back home." Odessa said

"You know I can't do that."

"We don't mean home country but isn't your family in here. You know you can always run into them."

Alarice smiled. She walked towards the carriage.

"Let's go. I wanna see Mom and Dad." She said

She ordered the carriage to go where her mother and father are staying.

"Just tell His Majesty that I'm going to stay with my parents." She told the servant.

She bid goodbye to her friends. The knights in front of the humble palace where her parents are staying greets her and called her parents.

Her mother saw her and hugged her immediately .

"It took you a while sweetie. Let's go inside." She said

Her mother brings her to a room and prepares hot chocolate for her. She didn't say anything and was just doing the things she used to do when she was a child. And that alone consoles her a lot. Maybe it's true that mothers have magic touches that soothes their children.

Her mother tucked her to bed while humming a song.

"You know I'm too old for these things." She said

"Sweetie, no matter how old you are, you will always be my baby." She said smiling

"You won't ask me?" She softly said

"I won't. You're tired of answering by now, right? For now, you should rest. That's what you need." She said

That night must be the most serene sleep that she'd ever have for the past years. She was sound asleep that she didn't hear the argument outside her room.