✿ TO BE THANKFUL ✿

ALAIA

"I'm sorry for the show that my family pulled." I whispered, exhaling a deep breath.

He drove the car silently, sliding down the window of my side. Fresh breeze kissed my face and I rested my head against the seat. I caught a glimpse of him through the rearview mirror and to my suprise, he was looking back at me. But the second our eyes met, he quickly averted his eyes.

"Are you alright?" He cleared his throat.

I flushed. "Mhm."

"Okay." He mouthed, focusing his attention back to driving and then no words exchanged between us till we reached his house.

"Good night." I whispered, about to walk to my room and cry my heart out with whatever that happened today.

"Uh, Alaia." He called out my name.

"Yes."

"Had dinner?"

I nodded.

"Are you taking your meds on time?" He asked another question to which I nodded again.

I was about to go before he spoke one more time. "Uh, I..."

"Yes." I licked my lips, waiting for him to complete his sentence.

Part of me wants to engage myself into my personal space so that I can ponder about the feelings that I had earlier for him. It was something different and I want to relieve them by remembering about them again.

"Uh...Want to watch a movie?"

I shot up my brows in suprise. "Movie?"

"Yeah, there's this movie released on
OTT- I'm going to watch, would you like to...?" He shuttered.

A soft smile crossed my lips and I nodded, enthusiastically. "I'd love to."

He removed his tie and put his blazer aside, before switching on the TV. "Let me put some popcorns in the microwave." He said.

"I'll do it."

"Let me." He said and went straight to the kitchen.

I sat on the couch, grabbing a cushion and placing it over my thighs. After couple of minutes, he returned with a bowl full of popcorns and two cans of coke.

He sat next to me, maintaing a good distance between us. "Are you really okay?" He asked, looking straight at the TV and shuffling through Netflix.

My heart stilled but I smiled nevertheless. "It wasn't anything new. They've done this before." I paused. "But today, what you did for me. Thankyou for it." I added.

He didn't say anything for a brief second before asking. "Which movie do you want to watch?"

"Huh? I thought that you had a movie in mind." I replied.

"Right." He passed me a tight smile and then started scanning through tonnes of movies.

Now I'm very well aware that he didn't have any movie to watch. He lied to me? Only to see if I'm okay or not?