7.

It was Ryker accompanied by Ander and Ace behind him. They had just gotten home and were assessing the situation, noticing the deep cuts on their sister. Ander rushed to her aid, questioning her as to how it happened.

As Ace was scolding Lucas for trying to intimidate their sister and being rude to Miranda. Ander was checking her wounds while Zade explained how it happened.

"I'll be at that school tomorrow, and when I see that kid, I swear to God I'll kill him." Ander raged on.

"Why the hell were they throwing bottles in the first place? Aren't they aware they have legs for the purpose of walking." Ace stated.

"If anything like this ever happens again, tell me I'll take of it." Zade commanded much to his dismay he received a look from Mika, which told him otherwise.

"Ma, I don't want to stay here tonight, I wanna go back home." She said as she looked up at Miranda, who was still stroking her hair lovingly catching her brothers attention.

"I know, baby, you can come back home with us tonight." Miranda exclaimed.

"I beg you, pardon?" Ryker asked in his usual informal tone.

"She's staying with us tonight." Miranda repeated to him.

"And whom granted you permission to take her anywhere?" He questioned further.

"No one did, but that's because it's not needed." She stated to him.

"Please do elaborate?" He pried further.

"Consent was never needed before. Why is it needed now?" She clarified.

"Well, I'm sorry to inform you that she won't be leaving here in this condition with anyone until confirmation is received, and she's stable. Elijah, take her to her room and have her wound stitched and bandaged." Dexter commanded, walking out of the elevator with Kevin.

"What, no, I don't wanna stay here, and I sure as hell don't want him to touch me." Mika stated frustration evident in her voice.

"Mika, sweetheart, it's alright. We'll stay here until you fall asleep. But you need to eat something first." Kevin expressed worriedly.

"Ah yes, Mr and Mrs Davidson, please do consider joining us for dinner." Dexter suggested his brow raised.

They looked at each other, then Mika, for confirmation, if she was okay with it.

Thankfully, it was just Mika, Kevin, and Miranda, her brothers except Jace, who was fast asleep in his room and their uncle Dexter.

After dinner, Kevin took Mika upstairs to her room, where she changed and got bandaged after taking some medication. She was then laid down on her bed by Kevin, where she drifted off to sleep.

She woke up in the middle of the night she was sweating profusely. She had had a nightmare, and it wasn't uncommon she'd sometimes have nightmares about her family trying to kill her. One of the most reoccurring ones was them ordering a few of their henchmen to get rid of her if you know what I mean.

But ever since she'd received those threatening texts from that unknown number she'd been receiving almost every day, she had been experiencing more nightmare almost every night.

She looked at the time and saw it was a few minutes after 2a.m. she hadn't slept long, and she decided to make some brownies to eat to get her mind off of it. She was about to put it in the oven but paused she felt a presence behind her.

She almost dropped the glass trey the brownies were in when the figure rushed towards her, taking the tray from her and putting it in the preheated oven before picking her up, setting her on the counter It was Jace.