╠49╣

[ A/n: I might end up finishing this book sooner than I thought . Just a guess . ]

She had been running for hours , it didnt matter where she was going or what was her destination or even if she was on the right path , she just wanted to find a proper place for her to rest and breathe at ease , she was sick and tired . The cold atmosphere did not help her even a bit , she was panting and running out of the breath.

She still wasn't sure if Rosa's males had stopped following her or not , so until she was really really far away from there , she did not plan on stopping at all .

Tears slipped down her eyes , she missed her mates a ton right now and was praying that all of them were safe and sound . They were the only people that she had genuinely loved in her life .

If only she was a little more mature and smart and wasn't driven by her emotions then things would've gone just fine . But it seemed like fate had something else in store for her, as if it was taunting her that her peace was temporary and that she shouldn't get used to it .

She stopped near a tree and stood tehre as some tears fell , she cried after making sure no one was around her or following her in anyway. She cursed herself, she hated herself for being so dumb and trusting that female's words , asher told her that he did not want to leave her alone and expressed his displeasure but she had to ruin it all and ask him to go . She mistook the other wrong for this wrong .

Then her heartbeat seemed to drop and her breath got heavy, her knees started shivering , not because of the cold but becasue of utter fear , the moment she felt some fluid between her legs, no , was it what she was thinking ? No ! It can't be , no , she hoped that this was not happening . A tear came out of her eyes as she violently grabbed hair and slapped herself real hard as she let out a loud and painful cry , her child , their child , was gone . If only she could die instead of that innocent child , she would .

Azura couldn't handle all this happening and when she took a step forward , she ended up tripping because of lightheadedness and fell into a burrow .

" I- I hate myself "
Were the last words she said before she drifted into the abyss of darkness and lost her consciousness.

* MEANWHILE IN THE CITY*

Finn stood there in a pile of blood covering the white snow as he wiped away the blood on his face .

His eyes then fell on Noah and Regis who were unconscious under the tree , just when he was about to walk towards them, he heard someone call out his name loudly .

" FINNN "
It was Winston's voice .

Finn then also saw Leon running behind him , both of them shifted back into their human forms the moment they reached near him .

" why did you run- what happened to these two ? "
Leon said the moment his eyes fell on Noah and Regis who were lying under the tree all messed up .

And winston was shook seeing the piles of dead bodies and the blood splashed everywhere .

" what happened here Finn? "
Winston asked as he looked at Finn from up to down , his face and his hands were covered with blood . He as a whole was covered in blood , his white furry nine tails too were red , as he had a predatory expression on his face , he looked really really angry right now.

" I don't know why but someone plans on doing funny things to us ! "
He said in a venomous tone .
" Winston start running back home now! " he said , winston did as he was told without much thought.

" what ? "
Leon said .

" the leopard king hasn't called for anyone , this was all a trap to get us all away from the house "
Finn said .

Then it clicked to them, though the reason was unclear, they all knew one thing for sure right now that it was a deliberate scheme that was made to live them all out of the house .

" is azura alone ? "
Finn asked .

Winston and Leon shook their heads , but Finn still felt uneasy about it .

" Asher is there with her "
Winston said .

" I don't know why but I feel all this is about azura , if the master mind of this trash of a scheme is after any of us then that person would directly consult us "
Finn said .

" unless they are a weakling who arent strong enough to face us or they just want to affect our weak point , as they want to get rid of us by weakening our roots "
Leon pondered over that thought and that's when it clicked to them .

" it means that they are after azura "
Leon concluded .

" you shouldn't have come after me ! "
Finn said as he shook his head .

" turns out we did end up doing everything that they wanted us to do ! "He cursed under his breath .

" but Asher is strong and sly "
Leon said as he tried to assure himself .

" but azura isn't, they'd definitely try to take advantage of that Leon , how about you both bring Noah and Regis, I'll rush to the house "
Finn said and swiftly left .

" he's right, if they're smart enough to pull us into thsi trap , I'm sure they'll target azura so that she herself gets rid of Asher "
Leon said as he shifted back to his beastform and took both the men on his back .

He was still ,there shook , he was having a hard time thinking about the things that could have happened to azura in their absence .

But it was not the time to be blaming themselves , it was the time to act .

* everything will work out if azura is alive , that's all that matters the most . Oh darling , please be safe , because if something happend to you , you don't know what will become of all of us*
Leon thought as he and wisnton sprinted back to their house.  He couldn't feel her presence there at all . For some reason , he did feel like she was calling out to them but something seemed to block the connection.