Chapter 63: Cloudy, Look at Me!

"I found the light switch!" Cheonhak informed, and he's probably flicking it on already

Few seconds passed and the lights returned. "They're back on!"

Unfortunately, the only people inside the warehouse are Haru, Cheonhak, and I.

"Yay." I tiredly cheered, still slumped down the floor. Now that I can clearly see the surroundings, I realized the reason I tripped earlier. "I hate you."

I understand why there's a metal pipe in here, probably used by the top dog-hunting team. But why does it have to be there? That object seems to be perfectly aligned on the floor yet at the same, it is so out of place.

[System]
Suspicious!

My thoughts, exactly!

"Suhyeon!" Haru immediately ran towards me instead of noticing that Yugyeom and Beomsang already escaped. "Does it hurt?! Can you stand?!"

I smiled, looking at my knees that are a little bruised, before glancing up to him. If I had my past stats, it will hurt like hell.

But I've changed.

And so I stood up like nothing happened with an innocent smile. "I'm fine!"

Haru didn't believe me and my response only made him panic while frantically roaming his eyes around. "Sir! Do you have any handkerchief?!"

"Here." I'm amazed how he has one. But then again, Cheonhak is an older brother. Maybe it's a given for him to be prepared like Doraemon's pocket.

Haru pulled out a handkerchief of his own—ayo, he has one too?!

Maybe I'm the abnormal one for not carrying a handkerchief.

I'm not sure why Haru is so skilled at bandaging people. Back then, when my arms were both bruised, he skillfully bandaged them properly.

This time, he chose to carefully wrap each handkerchief in both of my knees. "It doesn't really hurt." I reassured him, but he didn't listen anyway.

I just sighed and turned to the older guy. "Whoever switched the light off probably took Yugyeom and Beomsang with them."

"That seems to be the case." Soha's brother agreed with a nod. Haru still focused on tying the handkerchief, and the moment he finished, he stood up and attempted to help by supporting me by the arm.

My knees really doesn't hurt, but his concern and genuine gesture is enough to make me appreciate him more. "Thank you." I'm really indebted to him a whole lot!

He scoffed at me. "You better not do something stupid again in exchange."

I chuckled in amusement. "Such as?"

"The bait strategy, the disguise, getting beat up and appear with new bruises one after another, gambling with your life at risk, taking hits—"

"Okay! Okay!" That was embarassing, he really was about to list out everything. "I promise I won't."