15

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

<>

<>

At base they explained that the coordinates of our location might've been comprised and we needed to move bases as soon has possible. I still couldn't believe Allison was gone. Tristan wasn't doing very well. He wouldn't even talk to anyone not even me. Allison did mean a lot to him, I mean I don't know what I would do if micheal dropped dead now. It just wasn't fair but this is what comes with the Army.

I knew that before I even came here.

'Pain, struggle, regret.'

The same words that replay in my head. The army can be full of disappointment. But it's our job to see how we pull through from it and bounce back from it.

What happened To allison was horrible. But it's apart of the army. You win some and you lose some.

I threw my stuff in my bag carefully folding it.

I heard footsteps enter the room but I didn't bother to look up.

"I'm sorry about your friend." A voice spoke from behind me.

It was micheal.

"You don't mean that." I turned back around.

"I lost someone close to me to in battle.. I know what it's like josh. Just know you're not alone." He walked closer.

I let out a small breath as I threw my stuff in my bag.

"You can always talk to me." He assured.

"I don't want to talk right now Micheal." I admit.

"I understand." He nods before he made his way.

"Wait!" I paused.

"Yes moore?" He asked.

"Could you just keep me company while I pack my things?" I asked.

"Of course." He nods sitting down in my cot.

I took down the pictures of my family and placed them on the cot. Micheal looked up at what I dropped and he grabbed the picture of my mom and I.

"Is this your mother?" He asked.

I gave him a nod.

"You look just like her." He smiled putting it down.