[ 113 ] how evergreen our group of friends

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
113. how evergreen our group of friends

ORDER'S MEETING
december, 1980

          𝗗𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗥𝗥𝗢𝗪. Except, this was not about a mission and Scarlet did not have any information to divulge. Everybody waited patiently for the old headmaster to arrive.

      Now, Dumbledore told the Potters and the Longbottom's to bring their family, and only their family. So, realistically, they have brought their entire town. Everyone was there.

      Sirius, James, Peter, Dorcas, Remus, Lily, Marlene, Scarlet, Everest, Alice and Frank. 

      James Potter only ever felt a panic-ridden heart once in his life. That feeling when rage turns one's heart black and all you can think of is destroying the entire world, making the entire country suffer for your loved ones that have been wronged. That feeling only ever occurred to him that night back in winter '77 when Scarlet Bridget showed up at Potter Manor, his best friend in the girl's lap as they were both covered in Sirius Black's blood. 

      The blood would not stop pouring. It blinded his vision, his froze every metabolic activity in his body. He was sure he would never feel that paranoia again because nothing could possibly worse than seeing his best friend, his brother soaked in a pool of his own blood, shaking tremendously in agony.

      That feeling returned again, giving Potter glimpses of all affliction he felt that night. Trembling hands, freezing blood. Everyone was discussing something, the three Slytherins bombarding Dumbledore with infinity number of questions. He could outline some of the conversation, something about a Fidelius Charm and how Dumbledore would be the Longbottoms' secret keeper. Some nonsense about the crackhead Trelawny telling a prophecy, Neville and Harry in the midst of it, against Voldemort. 

      Alice was silently crying, Lily was raging besides Potter, the two women holding their babies close to their hearts.