xiv. Two words, one finger

♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ :Chapter fourteen: :;

"I looked

"I looked. He was already staring"

Engrossed in the creative process, Binna skillfully applied paint to the canvas before her, manipulating the brush over its rough yet durable surface. Momentarily, she gathered her long hair into a ponytail to prevent it from interrupting her work. Upon stretching, she noticed that the room was now empty, with everyone else having departed, leaving her in solitude. Releasing a tired sigh, she rose from her seat and untied the apron secured around her slender waist. Grasping her book, she exited the room to partake in her midday meal.

She frequented a preferred location for her midday meals, situated at the corner of a local store where she sought solace and tranquility while engaging in reading or drawing activities. Being a loyal patron of the establishment, it was customary for the small shop's owner to recognize her, thus ensuring that her special area was consistently set aside for her exclusive use.

As she gazed into the book, her eyes landed on an image that evoked memories of the first time she experienced true happiness in the company of another individual, a person who held a special place in her heart - Yi-chan. Unexpectedly, her attention was diverted as a young man approached her and placed a juice on the table before her; though a stranger to her, he offered a warm smile before taking a seat opposite her.

"Drink it" He smiled "You must be thirsty without a drink. You don't have to be so alarmed. I didn't put poison in it. Just relax and..." Binna, without letting him finish, grabbed her book and quickly exited the store, feeling uncomfortable and stalked "Wait, hold on" He hurriedly reached out to grab her arm to stop her, causing her to flinch in surprise "You go to that art academy there. Right? I see you often because I go to an academy nearby, too"

She placed an earphone in her ear in an attempt to continue walking, however, the boy continued to obstruct her path, causing annoyance and frustration. Nevertheless, it also sparked a sense of unease within her regarding the potential consequences of the boy's persistent efforts to elicit a reaction from her, despite Binna's desire for him to cease all contact.