21

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

<>

<>

I knocked on Tristan's door.

"Tristan?" I asked.

"I'm up." He groaned.

"I deploy today." I admit.

"I know." He yawned.

"Well I don't expect anything but I did write you a letter and I just wanted you to know that." I nodded.

I sighed leaving the letter on his night stand before parting my way.

"Hey moore!" He called out.

"Yes tristan?" I asked.

"Be great kid." He admit before turning to the other side of his bed.

I close his door gently before making my way.
It was definitely improvement... but all I wanted was my friend back. I know he eventually would read that letter but here it was.

˗ˏˋ 💌 'ˎ˗

JULY 23, 2005
JOSHLYNN MOORE.

Oh boy where do I even began this one? I have written at least 3 of these and none of them seemed to have sounded correct. I tried to describe you in one word, but the truth is you weren't just one word because you are far from great. But then I soon realized that Tristan there is no word to describe you. The truth is there are far too many.

Sometimes, as we deal with all the challenges that are thrown at us, we get so bogged down in the details that any sense of perspective is lost. You remind me of the available resources and make me realize that I'm not alone.

The truth is.. This life. This Army life is so hard, yet so good because I have you. You carried me through. You helped me get to that extra mile or that extra step Tristan. I would've rang that stupid fucking bell if it weren't for you. If I moved.. you moved. The point is you've always been there for me but now it's my turn to be there for you.

I know getting through Allison might seem hard now but I'm here for you every single step. Our hearts break bit by bit as we help each other get through this.. but I know we can move past it. There always a new challenge everyday and you always get me through it. I've never been a quitter and you help me prove that everyday. I know you would say some sarcastic comment right now like;

"Why are you being so dramatic?"

or

"You'll be home soon."

But the truth is Tristan I don't know if I will be home. I'm scared. I really am. And if this is the last time you'll ever somewhat hear my voice again then I might as well go out with a bang am I right? I love you Tristan.. and I wouldn't have picked any other idiot in this stupid thing other than you.