i. twenty eight - a day in literal hell : a half blood's vlog

words : 4246

* * *

"oh...wow..."

ahead of them in the distance, stood the looming figure of hades' palace.

it was a tall mountain-like structure sprouting from the foggy horizon, reigning over the vast and dark underworld grounds. despite the sinster aura, the group couldn't help but admire the breathtaking sight from their view up on that mountain top.

"look at that..." percy gasped under his breath as the others joined his side to stare at the magnificent image that was the palace.

"hades' palace." annabeth confirmed - alliah could practically see the gears churning in her mind as she marvelled at the great piece of architectural masterpiece before them. "that's where he'll be keeping the master bolt."

"and my mother." percy added, his voice soft.

"looks like we're in for a pretty long walk." alliah noted the great distance between them and the castle.

"one we'll do together." grover nodded, putting a hand on both hers and annabeth's shoulders.

the group exchanged a small smile.

but the small moment of warmth faded when grover began to check his pockets for something in a frantic manner.

"oh no." he gulped.

"what is it?"

"my pearl, i lost the pearl." he cupped a hand over his mouth, shocked. "i think it's...it's in the dog."

the group exchanged a look of horror as they checked their own pockets and looked around themselves, searching for the pearl but all they found were their own that they had held onto.

alliah thought for a second, fiddling with her own pearl in her hands. she held it towards grover to take.

"here."

grover backed away, eyes wide. "no, no way - i'm not taking yours!"

percy pulled alliah's hand away and slowly pushed it back towards herself.

"we'll find a way to get out of here, no need for that."

he turned to grover, holding out both pearls that he'd been holding onto. he handed him one of those.

"take it."

grover shook his head, growing more and more panicked by the second. "but your mom-"

"we'll figure it out." percy insisted. "take it."

when grover made no move for the pearl, percy pulled out his hand and placed the pearl in the palm of it. he closed his fingers around the bead before pushing it away.

"make sure to look after that this time."

"c'mon," annabeth cleared her throat, motioning for them to start moving. "let's go."

-

the group found themselves in a dark forest, surrounded by the familiar fog and dust. there was no noise accompanying them aside from grover's continuing protests as they walked.

"we can't ignore this." he scowled.

percy rolled his eyes. "stop."

"it's just math - the four of us, plus your mom is five people and now we've only got four pearls." grover shook his head. "someone is staying behind...and it should really be me."