Angel? [chap.4]

꒰⚘݄꒱₊⋆ ☀︎______

TW: gore mentions

A/N: trying out a new format and way of writing tell me if y'all like this way better or the old way!!

Recap: "screaming really? Not even a hello?"

 ꒰ ⋆ .⺌ ⟡ ⊂☀️⊃ ⟡ ⺌. ⋆ ꒱ 

[2nd person POV]____

"You come to save us!... there's nothing left to save, not here." the toy exclaimed passionately, hope and desperation evident in its voice. And it wasn't just any toy - it was Dogday, the leader of the smiling critters. Who you remember fondly as he was the only one who would speak to you, even though you never spoke much. You used ASL to speak with employees and some other toys who knew it, but most toys were confused and just opted to ignore you instead.

The sight of Dogday, his lower body missing, tied up, and bleeding in that colorful cell, made you nauseous as he had bloodied cotton and what seemed like human guts spilling out of him, but was kept in one spot by the belt tied around his waist. It was clear that he had been a victim of Catnap's... actions. But even in his suffering, he still managed to greet you with that familiar grin, though now twisted into a grimace.

"Dogday," you finally managed to speak, the lump in your throat threatening to choke you. His eyes met yours, a silent plea for help shining through the pain.

"It's you...friend," he whispered, his voice barely above a hoarse whisper. But there was no mistaking the gratitude in his gaze.

 you stayed quiet wanting to draw as little attention to yourselves as possible. As you tried to free him from his chains, his words of caution stopped you in your tracks. 

"no! no... You're in Catnap's home angel. their home, there's a million pairs of eyes on you now..." you stayed silent listening to what he had to say as you figured out how you could get the chains off of dogdays arm. 

"...watching, waiting, hungry. They want nothing more than to crawl beneath your skin..." his words started to blur as you were no longer paying attention to his words, but more of his surroundings. the chains seemed stable enough to hold him, but not strong enough to take a few harsh tugs at. You were just thinking of how you would tug at it? could you loosen it from the root or could you use one of the hands in your hand-pack? You were zoning out until a certain word dogday said brought your attention back to him.

"thing...Catnap. the prototype is his god, and this is what he does to heretics." 

heretics. That's what they called the toys that were unloyal to the prototype. you couldn't deny that was a pretty cool word for a bunch of "disobedient bitches". Honestly, if you were the prototype you wouldn't give such cool names like that to your disloyal followers, probably would call them poopy heads or some other dumb shit. 

maybe this is why the prototype was called an extremely intelligent being and you weren't...

it appears you had zoned out once more as you suddenly heard something the dog said that piqued your interest

 "I'm... the last of the smiling critters." it seemed he knew you were constantly losing focus of his voice and he needed your attention. 

quick. 

"LISTEN..to me, you need to get out of this place. you need to live!" before he continued talking you quickly made the choice to use your hand-pack in other to loosen the chains connected to the wall. you knew this would leave the fallen chain on his arms but you didn't quite care. he was getting loud and you needed to shut him up fast.

---------------------

another short chapter!! sorry this one is so short I wanted to get at least some more screen time with dogday before I go back to school. promise the next chapter will be more words! might be a slow update but you won't feel completely unsatisfied with the length. 

as always- wherever you are:

have a good morning, noon, and night!