Chapter 65: This Peasant is My Master

"I'm waiting

"I'm waiting." Daniel announced with his hands hidden in both of his pants' pockets, while I'm trying to think of other worthy secrets to share.

But I don't have any! Aside important secrets that I can't really tell him. You know, being a transmigrator, a system user, and my identity as Kim Badabe.

Do I have to lie and fake one?! No, I can't, he can easily see through my lies. I don't know how he can though, but I should atleast cross off the idea of lying.

What about a secret crush? Or a secret lover? That sounds like a good idea, but at the same time I feel like my reputation will be at stake here. What if he doesn't consider it a worthy secret to exchange with his?

"Um, what if I don't have any?" I asked nervously, like a student telling their teacher that they don't have their homework or something.

Daniel only shrugged at me. "It's not my problem."

Argh! Can't there be any other options to share in exchange? And wait, if he doesn't want to reveal whether he's a friend or foe, does that mean the territory he belongs to is a very sketchy group?

Is that why he's keeping it a secret?!

No, no, overthinking doesn't help. He's obviously someone from East, South, or North Gangbuk. I saw him at the North, but there's a slim chance that he's not from there.

You know, just like me as Kim Badabe. The thugs I beat up thought I belong to the North as well. Chances are obviously high that he's from the North, but I should leave some room for doubt.

"How about you ask me something and I'll answer it?" I desperately suggested as an alternative rather than give up. "I'll answer it honestly, I swear!"

I don't mind begging at all! Just accep—

"Alright."

Daniel didn't even hesitate as if he's ancitipating me to say that. Oh hell naw, is this his plan all along?! He totally baited me!

"Where did you come from?"

I blinked my eyes in confusion. Is that really his question? "Can you be more specific?"

He smiled. "The way you ruled the West is too abrupt. Like a storm that razed a village."

Aha, I think I know how his question will turn out to be.

"How did you beat Hajun Gu?" Daniel held his chin in thought, eyes looking somewhere else. "He and I fought a long time ago, and we were evenly matched. If you somehow defeated him to become the leader of the West..."

His suspense is killing me. Why do I feel like he's about to pull a Jaeha 2.0 at me and ask me to beat him too?!

"...you must be strong enough to lead West Gangbuk."

Oh, it's different. That's good!

"How about a match?"

I take it back.