[ 121 ] the fatal flaw

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
121. the fatal flaw

      "𝗦𝗢... 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧?"

      Sirius and Scarlet used the Apparatus spell to teleport back into their home from the 'crime scene'.

      Scarlet was leant up against the door to their bedroom, clutching her knees to her chest as she ran her hands through her hair in immense distress.

      To say Sirius was pissed would be an understatement.

      As Sirius asked the question, he looked up at her from the other side of the room where he was mirroring her position on the floor, leaning against the wall. His eyes were narrowed—the same look of betrayal never leaving his face.

"Actually I..." Scarlet murmured in response, meeting his angry gaze guiltily. "I just applied enough pressure to your carotid artery to make you temporarily pass out... I mean—only if you wanna get technical..."

"It felt like I was being strangled," Sirius shot back in a harsh tone, flaring into her eyes.

      Sirius felt helpless. Ever since sixth year, Scarlet had been through pretty much the hardest shit ever, nearing nightmarish deaths almost a thousand times. All he could do was sit back and watch as her youth was rotting.

      However, tonight, he felt as though he finally became the man who is enough to protect a woman like her. To protect the love of his life. However, when he felt her hand slip around his neck, he felt helpless again. He felt as though she didn't trust him enough to do such a thing.

"Do you know how reckless it was of you to stand in front of me like that?" She shot back with a heavy chest, holding their eye-contact. "You weren't going to let me fight him."

"You didn't have to," he scoffed, lingering sarcasm in his tone.

Scarlet squinted her eyes. "Excuse me?"

"You killed him."

      Scarlet laughed. She actually laughed even though there was no humour in her tone. Looking at him in disbelief, she couldn't believe the judgement radiating from Sirius Black's body—due to the fact that she literally killed the bastard who killed their friend in cold blood. Was he expecting mercy from her?