Rest pt1 [chap.6]

꒰⚘݄꒱₊⋆ ☀︎ _______A/N: I plan on this chapter to be a calm fluffy chapter so it may be short, BUT IT CAN TURN OUT LONG too.

Art, not mine!! Credits to: gabsyp on Twitter

TW: g0r3

recap: you turned to dogday and smiled.
"Let's find a place to patch you up ok bud?"

writers note: 200-400 words a day :)

 ꒰ ⋆ .⺌ ⟡ ⊂☀️⊃ ⟡ ⺌. ⋆ ꒱ 

[readers pov] + [second pov]

You and dogday continued to walk around the play care area him being on your back again you guys were looking for any possible place to rest, the school was full of sharp objects and unsafe spaces to just relax in, The play house is where the mini critters are, under the statue is kinda dangerous- red gas everywhere...

as you and dogday looked around you stopped at the dogday information card that was in the middle. You were curious how dogday would react to this one- you just hoped the voice lines were somewhat normal. 

you pressed the information boards button: 
"dogday says...Fetch" 

it was just the same voice lines as before which kind of disappointed you, you stood there until dogday had caught your attention. 

"Uh-huh, this is what they tried to make me sound like," he said sounding unamused at the prospect of a high-pitched voice- it didn't seem odd to you though. 

"Can you believe it? kind of crazy...when you think about it- uh let me see if I can replicate that in some way." you turned your head at him confused, not too long ago his voice was harsh and raspy from whatever torture he had endured with catnap. Now he wanted to try and voice act his own voice lines? 

"uh-hm. dogday says: if you see someone without a smile give them- one of yours!" he said sounding almost exactly how the cardboard cutout and the information stand did. 

"ugh- that felt weird" he stated seeming a bit uncomfortable 

"It's really close though!" you said hoping it would bring up the mood even a tad bit

"Thank you, angel," he said seeming to grow tired as he yawned. Honestly, you were also growing tired.  

"Hey dogday." 

"yes, angel?"

"What happened to the other critters, you mentioned being the last of them right? Do you even know what had happened?" you asked as you never really heard anything about the other critters or what happened with them. You knew them from your time as a child caretaker but you were never exactly as close to them as you were with dogday. 

Sure you saw them as friends just not as much as dogday- crafty was a good friend when you were down she would come up and ask if you wanted to draw or color with her- painting was her main thing but you can't exactly keep paint sets around 4-7-year-old children.

kickin was a really nice fella, but he was also reckless- jumping over gates trying to impress kids... Bubba was smart he was one of the ones who kept kids in order, helping them with homework, and having reminders for them... Bobby was kind- she had weird obsessive tendencies but she was kind to you nonetheless- 

can't forget about Hoppy the second reckless one of the group- oh! and picky piggy honestly you never knew her much just that she had a strong appetite.

as you were thinking about the other critters dogday spoke: 
"well...I don't really know angel- but when I was first captured by catnap he had told me I was the last of the remaining heretics. With that being the only information you get from a psychopathic feline...you just kinda assume the worst." 

 You suppose that's a reasonable argument so you don't question it further deciding to just continue on the search for a place to rest. 

"hey, angel?"  hearing the name given to you- honestly you don't remember why he calls you that...you just never questioned it.

"Yeah dogday?" you reply walking towards the home sweet home building.

"do you really think we'll make it out of here?" this question made you pause assessing your answer before you replied. 

"I can only hope we do." 

-----------------

short chapter!! BUT there will be a part 2 sooo :3 yea! 
have a good morning noon or night!