34

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

<>

<>

I sat down next to a rock and examined my wound. It was pretty bad, it was definitely going to leave some permanent damage. I ripped my pants off now exposing my wound. I let out a small groan. I put the peice of cloth from my pants in my mouth because I didn't want to scream.

I bit down on it hard for what was about to come next. I rested the bone slowly placing it forward. I squealed and squeaked. I wiped the tears from my eyes but I wasn't done yet. My breath turned into pants as I jammed my bone back into place.

I caught my breath now packing my wound with dirt. I wrapped the piece of my pant cloth around my puncture wound. I used my gun to help me stand up. I let out a small huff of defeat as I limped my way down. I tried to navigate the forest by myself but Marcus was my real compass after all.

I walked with a stiff leg around the forest until I found something that seemed familiar.

˗ˏˋ🪖 'ˎ˗

There was gunfire in the distance. The san had began to set and you could see smoke from the top of a mountain. I stopped my tracks to take a look at it for a second. I slowly moved out  scanning the area for any sign of Shah and his men.

I could feel the village being close When I looked up from my view of the mountain I could see it Couple of hundred yards away. I stopped for a moment giving my Knee sometime to recuperate. I Slowly picked up my way down towards the village.

Around Fifty yards down and ai still had a long way to go. I looked around to any rocks. I took cover for a moment gently sitting down. For a moment I scan the village with my scope from afar. It seems very calm for the most part. There is no signs of Shah or his men anywhere.

 There is no signs of Shah or his men anywhere

˗ˏˋ🪖 'ˎ˗

I hobbled around and crawl through the woods. I even fall but get up refusing to stop. I was in desperate search for water. Anything; A bucket, A well or even a river. My skin was dehydrated and my body craved the one thing I couldn't seem to find.

I didn't realize the rock in front of and I fall on his hands and knees. I stop with my head down as I tried to get back up. I Hear something, I slowly lift my head to the side and look off to the left.

It was a wolf.

Male, large and powerful. The wolf studies me and I studied the wolf. No menace just mutual curiosity. It didn't look like it was going to hurt me. I slowly picked myself up and backed away slowly but it just sat there.

I Studied the wolf closely and I noticed Water drips off the side of the Wolf's face and his coat seems oddly wet.

I turn and Listen to hear the sound of falling water. I'm not sure if it was just from my heat exhaustion and it was making me what things but that was a risk I was willing to take. I began Tracking the sounds and looking for any source of water or food. I didn't know much longer I could walk, I was running out of gas.

My foot ached in pain and I couldn't help but stop every few minutes. I was falling, crawling... grinding it out. My hands ached in blisters, cuts and sweat. My body was desperate for a break, but I couldn't stop.

When I moved just a few steps closer. I lift my head up to one of the glorious sights I've seen. It revealed a pouring river flow. It was a beautiful clear pool of crystal clear fresh water. Looks like Gods really looking out for me after all. I tried to slide down the steep cliff sides of the water pool without hurting myself.

My breath began to turn into pants as I hurried my way along into the river. I jumped in allowing my entire body to soak in. It was almost like a baptism as the cool water surrounds me. I stayed under water with my eyes closed. I wanted to Feel the water flowing between my body and my face. I finally surface my way back up.

I swam to the shore on my hands and knees. I cut through the water and I cupped my hands in the form of a bowl and chugged water. I drank and Drank slurping like a broken animal. Grabbing for hunks of water plants. Lutter l eats. It was almost like an animal when it Shoves the plants into it's mouth. I was desperate for any kind of energy. I gasped for air in between as I washed out my wounds.

I looked around for a moment still trying to be aware of my surroundings. But I hear something and freeze for a moment. I Sense something behind me. I slowly look up to see three men behind me. I panted my way over to my gun as he began saying some words in his foreign language.

"Stay back! Please!" I begged holding my gun up.

Luttrell stares back at these men but there was a moment of silence until the man began saying something In his language.

"No I don't speak your language! Just stay back please! I don't want to have to hurt you." I begged.

The men just stared with curiosity as I pointed my gun at them.

"Not Taliban." He admit with his hands up in surrender.

I studied this man and looked deep into his eyes.
He seemed different from the other Afghan men. They seemed gentle and calm. Their faces seem kind. It's been nothing like the death looks we have seen from the Taliban.

I heard Shah's Soldiers from a distance. The man looked around for a moment.

"Fuck!" I mumbled beginning to panic.

"Shh! Shh!" He shushed me.

He walked around on the log making his way toward me. I lowered my gun as he placed his hand out for me to grab.

I was hesitant for a moment. But what did I have to lose? Everyone who I loved was dead in front of my eyes and as far as I knew I was on a solo mission right now.

"Please don't hurt me." I begged taking his hand.

The little boy stood in front of me staring me in my eyes. The man nods placing his hand on top of mine helping me out. I groaned applying pressure on my leg. They dragged me out and pulled me down the mountains.

VOTE AND COMMENT🪖

VOTE AND COMMENT🪖