Sins Unveiled - Chapter 5

"Holy crap!" The exclamation of panic escaped one of the men as he caught sight of the colossal pavise shield hurtling towards them at breakneck speed.

In a desperate attempt to evade the impending collision, they scattered, sprinting away from the oncoming shield. Yet, Jiighual effortlessly closed the gap, his agility defying the massive weight of the 40 kg shield he bore. The scene unfolded like a surreal dance, the trio running as if their lives depended on it, Jiighual in hot pursuit, an unyielding force that seemed to defy the very laws of motion.

With an imposing shove, Jiighual unleashed his might, propelling the three men airborne. The forest air echoed with a symphony of surprised yells and the thud of bodies hitting the ground. The crescendo of chaos had begun, the stage set for a confrontation that promised to intensify with every passing moment.

 "You've walked right into the lion's den," he growled, his voice carrying the weight of impending doom.

"Jiighual, you colossal idiot! The Captain explicitly told you not to kill them, only to capture them!" Leeani's voice carried across the distance as they approached Jiighual.

"They had it coming", he muttered in a low voice, his conviction unwavering.

Amidst the ensuing silence, Jiighual found himself pondering Nert's whereabouts.

"Hey, Nert! Great job with the distraction. It bought me the time I needed to close in. Hey! Where are yo--"

A dagger unexpectedly pierced through Jiighual's thick skin, eliciting a sharp reaction.

"Ouch! Who the hell threw this!? Nert, you damn little brat. Get out of there and stop playing hide and seek with me!" Jiighual's furious shout echoed through the battleground.

Abruptly, a machete cleaved through the air, leaving a vivid streak of crimson on Jiighual's arm. Undeterred, he swiftly closed his expandable shield, parrying the unknown man's ensuing strikes. Reacting with lightning speed, Jiighual unleashed a mid-roundhouse kick, aiming for the man's torso. Yet, the man deftly evaded, countering with a powerful punch to Jiighual's chin, threatening to bring him to his knees.

"That caught me off guard. Almost a year away from constant war; maybe it's catching up to me," Jiighual muttered, his resilience unwavering as he assumed a Muay Thai stance, prepared for hand-to-hand combat.

A momentary pause lingered as the man, acknowledging Jiighual's determination, sheathed his machete. Adopting a jiu-jitsu fighting stance, he signaled a shift towards a more strategic and grappling approach, setting the stage for a clash of martial prowess—a complex dance between two formidable adversaries in the throes of combat.

"My name's Sanaage. Remember that name before I beat you to a pulp and hand your head to the Core's Protector commander for a couple of gold," Sanaage declared confidently.

As they stood in a charged atmosphere, Sanaage suddenly lunged toward Jiighual with remarkable speed, maintaining a low, predatory stance.

Jiighual aimed an uppercut at Sanaage's hips, intending to knock him down. However, Sanaage effortlessly countered, locking both legs around Jiighual's massive arm with the intent to execute an armbar. Unfazed, Jiighual held Sanaage's arm aloft, proceeding to smash him to the ground, but Sanaage narrowly escaped in the nick of time.

A momentary pause ensued, interrupted by an approaching arrow aimed at Sanaage. Swiftly dodging, he muttered, "An aim for the head, your intention was to kill rather than capture."

Zach immediately charged and tackled Sanaage to the ground, but Sanaage skillfully evaded the hold.

"Remember this, I'm not the only one after your heads. Fighters, assassins, marksmen—all ready to risk their lives for the bounty set by the Core's Protector commander. They are more dangerous and highly trained than anyone you've faced. Everyone's on the hunt. Good luck surviving because the commander is furious at the havoc you caused," Sanaage warned, instilling fear in Zach.

With a swift departure, Leeani prepared to shoot another arrow, but Zach signaled her to stop.

"It appears the world is closing in on us. Our location is no longer a secret," Zach muttered, his gaze distant and contemplative.