i. thirty one - ares f*cks around and finds out

words: 6286

* * *

the sea followed them as they walked, colliding back together from behind but still, keeping the pair dry as they made their way to the shore.

a day or so from then, percy decided he'd look back on this day and brag about how amazing he had to have been to part literal seas - but as of that moment, his main concern was alliah and his friends.

after walking for a good fifteen minutes, alliah and percy arrived on sandy land. by the time alliah turned back around, the sea had gone back to normal as if nothing had happened to it at all.

"so..." percy cleared his throat, as he looked out at the horizon and realized the sun was about to set - how long had they taken? "you okay?"

alliah looked up, suddenly glaring at him.

"aw man, what'd i do now?" percy frowned, confused and disappointed. "look, if you're gonna start any of that 'don't be a hero' lecture, i'm tossing you back into the ocean so-"

he shut himself up when alliah threw her arms around him. his cheeks suddenly grew warm as he hugged her back, squeezing her a little tighter than he'd expected himself to.

it hadn't hit him until then just how close he really was to losing her.

"thank you." alliah whispered softly as she slowly pulled away.

before she backed off though, she planted a quick kiss on his cheek.

"i don't know how you did it but you saved my life, perseus." she smiled as she backed away.

it was just a peck but percy could feel his cheeks growing increasingly warm and he was afraid his face had gone red - it hadn't, it was actually pink.

"an-anything for uh- a..." percy smiled dopily, trying to scoff away any hint of how flustered she had just made him. "ha ha - anything for a friend."

alliah nodded. "thank you for being such a good friend then."

"mhm," percy nodded back, a little too frantically he realized. "yup-yup, good friend alright! bet you don't see other people's good friends pull a moses! nuh-uh, just me!"

alliah let herself giggle a little, before turning her attention to what was in front of them.

"okay, so..." alliah looked out into the seemingly empty shore. "where's annie and grover?"

"beats me," percy shrugged.

"but they should be around here somewhere, right?" alliah's gaze caught onto something else. "hey, what's that?"

she pointed towards a lone cabin in the distance. it seemed to be the only thing there aside from the rest of the empty beach.

"got a feeling we're gonna need to check it out?" percy gulped, his hand reaching for his pocket.

he felt a little less nervous when he felt the familiar pen still there.

alliah made a move for her own bracelet, unwinding it. but before she could take out its true weaponry, a voice interrupted them.

"took you two long enough."

alliah strained a frustrated groan as she and percy turned around to find a familiar, yet not-so-desired, face in their tracks, a couple dozen feet away from them.

but the annoyance went away quickly and was replaced with worry when she caught sight of the two other familiar faces behind him - annabeth and grover, gagged and chained to a pole that was meant to be used for volleyball nets.