14.

She paused for  a few seconds.

"Mika, if you don't want to, I won't try to force you too." He assured her.

"No, it's alright." She said her hands raised slightly.

"Alright, I'll be back." He said, hesitantly letting go of her he wasn't ready to let go.

She nodded.

"That was quick." She stated, shocked at how little time it took for him to return.

"Yeah, did you expect me to take longer?" He asked.

"Yea, didn't you have to eat dinner later than everyone because you left for the party without it." She questioned.

"I just wanted to get back quickly it slipped my mind." He turned back through the door to get dinner.

He returned with a tray of food bigger than the usual one and motioned to her to start eating.

She shook her head no.

"I'm not hungry. You can eat."

"But you didn't have anything to eat before you left. You need to eat something, but I'm not going to force it. I could help feed you if you'd be alright with that." He sat on the bed.

"No, it's fine. I'm just not hungry." She declined.

"I can't force you to eat, but if you do get  hungry their's food right here, not just for me for the both of us." He gestured towards the tray.

Was she talking to the same person if he didn't get what he wanted he would be unbelievably persistent. But he wasn't acting like that with her.

If they wanted to better their relationship, they needed to start off small and acknowledge their mistakes. Here goes nothing.

"Jace, I'm sorry for yelling at you. I could've handled it better."

"I'm sorry I made you feel like you can't talk to me about anything or that you need to listen to me like I'm your master. I won't ever raise my voice at you again. I will admit I never learned how to communicate with anyone about how I feel, but with you, I know I can without being judged. I really do wish to mend our bond." He recounted sincerely.

"Jace, you can't mend something that was always broken, but you create a new one." He nodded his head, climbing into bed beside her.

That sat their in silence, but it wasn't uncomfortable for the first time they just talked to each other. 

Not about the past but just about random topics.

Though they'd eventually have to have a conversation about it, they silently agreed to just live in the moment, at least for now.

Until she fell asleep, he got up and set up a sleeping bag on the floor he didn't want to force her to sleep near him if she didn't want to. To him, that would be pushing her boundaries, and they needed to take their time to rebuild their relationship. He thought before laying down and drifting off to sleep on the floor beside her.

~~~~~~~~~

'I don't like being at home, but school isn't any better, so at least I don't have to do anything.' She thought to herself.

Jace was gone by the time she'd woken up.

She made herself a cup of tea and breakfast and her all-time favorite coconut water, then did what she always enjoyed doing she sat on the balcony watching the sunrise while enjoying her breakfast.

She played back, taking in the beautiful scenery in front of her the tea soothing the pain of her cramps.

She closed her eyes, wanting to savor the image forever.