chapter : 01

Kim Daehun is sitting silently in the only wooden chair present in this dark isolated room - of this lavish mansion.
The room is quite unfit to this luxurious estate - just like the owner of this rotten smelled place.

He looked up to the person sitting in this single bed - the malnourished state of him was stating a lot of things.
Kim taehyung - the person who was the sunshine of Kim 's household, now looked unrecognizable. His bones were poking out. The once bright chubby cheeks were covered under black spots. He was so weak that he could not open his eyes fully.
Kim Daehun could only sob at his youngest son's misery.

"Papa" taehyung whispered
"Yes"
"How is mom?"
"Good. They are good."

"Good" taehyung attempted to smile but his torn lips were not helping.
"Taehyung, stop talking. You are weak." Daehun took his hands.
Which made him cry more.
Taehyung 's hands were really cold.
"I will soon" he again tried to show his bravery to his father.

"Papa, come close" he said with much difficulty.
Daehun obeyed his request.
Taehyung was touching his face - like he wanted to see his face with his hands. Then it struck him.
Taehyung 's eyeballs were frantically shaking,  it couldn’t focus on a single thing.

Realizing the meaning of this, Daehun slumped in the chair. His precious doll couldn’t see properly.

"Papa, give forgiveness to this unfilial son. I know I was an embarrassment to the family."
"No my doll. Forgive papa. I couldn’t protect you. I am sorry. I am sorry."
Daehun wailed loudly.
He was saying sorry continuously.

But their moment got interrupted by a loud thud from the door.
Taehyung trembled - like he knew who came.
"Mr Kim, please do as we asked in return for the deal."
It was his mother-in-law.
Daehun was now dreading.
He didn’t know his son was in this condition. But he signed the papers already. He had to do it.

Looking at his already shaking son his inside was crumbling.
"Papa" taehyung whispered
"Doll.. I am sorry. I didn’t know"
Taehyung understood the meaning behind this unspoken word.

"Papa, give me the papers"
Taehyung with difficulty signed the separation papers.
"I am sorry" Daehun was ashamed to put Taehyung go through this.
"It’s ok.."

Soon another young female voice came, "guards take this disease away from this auspicious place"
Even before Daehun could protest they dragged the skinny body of Taehyung from that room.

Taehyung could not even breathe properly - he was hyperventilating.
Daehun was begging the Lady of the mansion to let Taehyung go.
"Please I will take him with me.. Please leave him."

They threw taehyung outside.
Kim daehun ran towards him and tried to pull him up but taehyung was away too weak to respond.

"Taehyung, Taehyung.. Are you ok?"
Only a hoarse yes came out from his voice.

"Get out from here and never come back. My son will get his life again. We don’t need this black shadow on him again."

Daehun was now feeling gulty - he always thought Taehyung was living the life of luxury. He never once looked out for him.
Now he was regretting.

"Please.. Don't be like this.. Where will we go in this time? He is sick. Please at least let him stay the night"
Daehun didn’t have a place to take Taehyung with him now. As he himself was going to return to Korea.
In this foreign country he knew no one.
And seeing Taehyung in this condition, he really didn’t know what to do..

"I am begging you..please"
The madam just shouted at the gaurds to throw them away.
All throughout the way Daehun cried for his son. Taehyung would not survive at this rate. He was already hyperventilating.

"Taehyung, don’t get scared papa is here. I will talk to Jungkook."
Taehyung just shook his head.

Before Daehun could say further, a car stopped at the gate. Jungkook came out from the back seat.
"What's happening here?"
Daehun wanted to go near Jungkook but his mother stood before him covering his view,
"Nothing. Just came to smooch money from us. Let's go inside."
Jungkook shouted "his son already robbed us of millions now he wants more?"

His mother didn’t even let him stay there for more than few seconds.
She dragged him inside.

Daehun was shocked to hear Jungkook talk this way.
He always was so respectful towards them. Now he looked at Taehyung.

Taehyung wasn’t there.
He was leaning at a furthest pillars, more like hiding.

"Taehyung what are doing?"
He was panting.
"Nothing papa. He banned me from coming in front of him."
He shattered everything inside him.

Daehun was now more ashamed of himself. How could he blame Taehyung for his family 's destruction? He is a failure as a father.

"Let's go. You don’t need anyone. Your Papa is here."
Taehyung smiled.
Like he got peace in his life.

______________________________________

Daehun took Taehyung with him.
To Korea.
To their country home.

When they arrived, his mother got shocked at first looking Taehyung's condition. But then she started crying.

At night she was trying to feed Taehyung but due to his malnourished body, he could not have much.
"Mom, what happened to our house?"
His mother got panicked, how to answer him?
"We are bankrupt now Taehyung"
Taehyung whimpered listening to it.
"He did it?"
She only nodded.

With grievance in his heart, taehyung went to sleep. As the only child of the family, they always fulfilled his wishes. But he never took responsibility for them. He was cursing Jeon Jungkook.
The man behind all the problems in his life.

Don’t you feel anything for me?
Are you that happy without me?
Is our love nothing to you?

With tears, Taehyung slept.
With hope he could lessen the burden of his family.

And the morning came, with the crying noise from his wife, Daehun woke up from his sleep.
At first he could not understand what was happening. But soon he realised.
He ran to his son's room.
Only to find his wife crying miserably - holding the pale lifeless body of Taehyung.

He slumped down on the floor.
He stilled sat there.
His wife was cursing herself for not being able to make his son come back.
Daehun was more miserable.
He could not even utter a word.
He shed tears - for not being the good father to his son.

_____________________________________

And like this the beautiful Taehyung, who was famous for his pretty flawless skin, left this stone earth as a pale disease.

His in-laws came to attend the funeral  despite being uninvited.
And Jungkook just stood there - in his black suit and googles.
Daehun was silent but his wife was crying nonstop.
The priest asked if Jungkook wanted to see his face for the last time.
But Jungkook denied at first.
When his mother said to look at the ugly face of the betrayer once, he could not deny again.

With slow steps he looked.
One thing came to his mind,
Was he this pale - always?