Chapter 4: Apple A Day

This is a summary of possible ideas of mine for Chapter 4 of Poppy Playtime.

It's just a fun little bit of inspiration that came to me in the recent days, and I thought to write it down.

There's an OC of mine in there too (who has a character bio that's on the next page)! I hope that you guys like it! 👍

—————

1.

- A Playtime Co commercial plays: advertising the Doctor Mouse toy ... and a small animated cartoon about the mascot character.

- The cartoon features Doctor Mouse tending to a sick Poppy and versions of her toy friends.

- It ends with Doctor Mouse advising the audience to stay healthy.

- The advert then abruptly changes to footage of a scary electronic mouse lunging at them.

- It starts with Poppy insisting that they have to go back and rescue Kissy Missy.

- She decides that finishing off the Prototype will have to wait ... because Kissy needs them more at the moment.

- Poppy and the Player take a roundabout way back to the room in the PlayCare they'd just left.

- On the way back up, the two are attacked by a feral Boxy Boo ... who doesn't speak, but chases them through the factory rooms.

- After a lengthy and difficult chase sequence, Poppy and the Player manage to knock Boxy Boo into a large ballpit.

- They then drain the ballpit balls down into an unknown location ... sending Boxy there too.

———

2.

- Poppy expresses her regret at seeing a toy mascot devolved to such a feral state.

- They then resume their trip, and eventually arrive at their destination.

- The room is completely trashed; with bits of pink fur all over the place, and deep claw marks on the walls.

- Poppy freaks out over Kissy's possible fate, and says that they have to get to the Playcare camera room!

- They can watch the camera footage, and see what happened earlier!

- They then go to the camera room, which is located in the Counsellor's Office building.

- Watching the footage they can see Kissy Missy waiting patiently by the lift controls ... while a dark shadow creeps up on her from behind!

- The video then suddenly glitches terribly, and then devolves into a mess of fragmented images, screeches, and infernal roars!

- The images include a snarling, fanged Kissy ... a slashing, all-too-familiar metal claw ... and the faces of strange, rat-like creatures.

- Poppy is very distraught by this, and comes to the horrifying conclusion that the Prototype attacked their friend earlier!

———

3.

- She then expresses her frustration at how glitchy the footage was ... only to hear a somewhat familiar voice behind them.

- It's DogDay, who explains that the Prototype has always had that kind of effect on video footage of him ... so that he can never be seen on camera.

- He also reveals that he survived the Mini Critters attack by them suddenly running away, and leaving his body.

- DogDay apologises to the Player for being forced to hunt them earlier, and says that wasn't him.

- DogDay questions why the Prototype was here in the PlayCare when he hadn't been in ages ... and where was Catnap?