Chapter 0 - Transmigration

You.

Yes, you.

You right now are an average person walking down on the street. With a decent build, and average income as a working student, you lived a decent life with ups and downs, nothing out of the ordinary.

just to buy a replacement battery for your phone in a mall.

Instead of buying a new phone, why buy a replacement?

One, you're actually broke because you spent 75 percent of this month's savings spending shit on Gacha games like Honkai Star Rail, Punishing: Gray Raven, Nikke and Genshin Impact.

Except you are not playing Genshin anymore. Your college roommate does it herself through your shared computer.

Two, your phone is already a decently powerful one with 24GB RAM.

You're all in to collect the waifus after grinding for shit, and due to your habits of a completionist, grind is part of life.

You'n (Y/N): "Ah, I also recall something pretty important. Re:Zero is having a crossover Collab with Nikke, guess the MILKMAN is grinding again."

You mutter gently, with a voice low enough that people around you will not have the impression that you're weird, even if you barely care about it.

It was the usual hot day, honestly. The greenhouse effect was giving off the feeling that you'd burn if you stand under sunlight just for 10 minutes, good thing you had a cold bottle of water on you beforehand.

Arriving at the part of the mall selling cellphones and cellphone parts, the seller greeted you.

Seller: "Hey, my friend! What do you want to buy, we have many things that might interest you!"

Y/N: "Just a Lithium-Ion battery to replace my bloated one."

Seller: "Right, that'd be {INSERT DECENTLY CHEAP PRICE}. Careful not to overuse your phone next time, otherwise it might just blow up on your hand!"

Y/N: ".... That's awfully foreboding."

The new battery was sealed inside a safe cover, and after all this, you returned to your dormitory which was just several hundred steps from the mall.

She isn't here, that means you have more time to do stuff. Replacing batteries just takes under 12 minutes, and you will soon be good to go.

The problem was, you never checked your surroundings while you replicated the instructions from a video.

Your bottled water silently fell over and spilled its contents on the hardware of your computer, and the damaged wirings underneath it.

Suddenly, electrical current assaulted your body, rendering you unable to move once it was too late.

Muscles stiff due to electricity, a bloated battery launching up to the air to hit your face, water choking your neck, and horrendous pain that burns your entire body.

This one big accident was how

Y O U D I E D

Cause: Electrocution, faulty wiring and dangerous materials exploding on your face.

...

.......

............

For many moments you felt absolutely nothing.

You see nothing.