Chapter 0.1 - First Mission

Once you entered the Deputy Chief's room, you were greeted by a middle-aged man most commonly
known as Andersen.

He definitely looked disappointed as he lightly shook his head.

Andersen: "You're late, Y/N Eisenritter."

Y/N: "Yeah.... No excuses."

You replied as you corrected your position, awaiting the next order of the Deputy Chief.

Andersen took a folder on his desk, and held it before you.

Andersen: "Don't let this happen more frequently next time. Anyway, because of your eligibility as a capable leader, despite your personality, and merits in your days as a student, you will be given authorization to command Nikke starting now."

He spoke calmly, as if he's already done this many times before giving you the folder and within it was a file.

The file reads that you will be leading a squad of three Mass-Produced Nikke in your journey. It is unknown who will be present to be with you.

Andersen: "Since you're last, you're probably thinking what mission you're about to take. Simply put, you're going up the surface to intercept a group of Raptures gathering on one place, and report any anomalies you see. Feel free to retreat if necessary."

That sent some shivers on you, not from fear, but from excitement. You also doubted if there were any high ranked Raptures, but since this is Andersen, you can trust him.

Andersen: "I know you have any doubts, so I'll just tell you this: There are only Servants and Husks. It should be easy for someone as talented as you. Is that clear?"

Y/N: "Yes, sir!"

Andersen: "Good. Take care of yourself, and maybe your Nikkes, they'll be here as soon as I contact them. Please wait outside."

After saluting Andersen, you waited once again outside the Deputy Chief's room to wait.

Although you took out your phone, it was apparent that there were no applications that might interest you, and being called a "talented" commander is just a bit too much.

You weren't that talented in anything, unless you really put your mind on it, that's where everything will work.

Crossing your arms, you leaned back on the chair, closing your eyes to drown yourself in thoughts about what can happen.

Will the mass produced Nikkes be quite distant towards everyone, even their commanders, or are they those who had their memories before they were turned into Nikke?

If it was the latter, it might be better.

For a few minutes, you waited with eyes closed in contemplation, until you heard several loud thumps from metallic boots.

In curiosity, you kept your eyes shut to pretend being asleep, soon hearing three girls speak.

Girl 1: "So, this is our new commander? He looks better than our previous one who just died out of arrogance."

Girl 2: "I guess so, Eagle. I won't really hope that he's a better commander, but Ma'am Ingrid specifically sent us special Nikke."

Girl 3: "Well, I don't really care about that. It's our life now, after all. Ah, he's waking up, get on your positions."

Suddenly, you opened your eyes and leaned forward, observing the Nikke in front of you, who were all from Elysion.

The three Nikke saluted towards you.

Girl 1: "I'm Soldier EG, Model No. A-1520, you may call me Eagle. Nice to meet you, Commander."

Based on what she wore, she looked like an elite soldier, fit for an Elysion Nikke. Armed with an assault rifle called Hunting Eagle, she should be a decent Attacker.