Ch. XXVI ✡His Scars✡

✡✡✡
ONE WEEK LATER...
✡✡✡

YOU CAN'T HELP BUT DRAG YOUR FEET along the hotel hallway on the third floor. It's past midnight, nearing 1:00 in the morning, and unlike everyone else, you're wide awake.
Of course, your hours vary depending on the circumstances. One being the fact that you're Spider Demoness, and two because of hotel shifts, but no matter.

Instinct is yet again reminding you to go home, and after a fulfilling yet task-filled day, you're pleased to be on your way home for bed. Your body demands it to be so, in fact.

Your hand gingerly glides against the smooth painted wall while you hum to yourself, your feet making a soft clinking sound against the polished flooring under your feet. The hotel has been open for a couple of weeks now, and though it's only recruited two to three sinners, it's still a giant beacon of hope for everyone down here.

Hopefully the sinners who have joined will actually make attempts to better themselves, instead of using this hotel simply to not pay rent for a little while, and to avoid mass hysteria on Hell's streets.

It's happened twice already, though with the pleasant help and Lucifer and Alastor--who always likes to stick his nose in other people's business--they managed to give the moochers the boot.
But besides those pesky sinners who desire no change for themselves and simply want to mooch off of others, the atmosphere and people here...it's all quite calming.

Minus the occasionally blowing up of a wall here and there, no big deal whatsoever.

You'll admit, Charlie's made grand goals, and slowly she's beginning to reach them with everyone else standing beside her, including you.
Since the first day you joined to now, you'll see just how much change has already taken place.

Angel Dust is beginning to show signs of self-respect, he's cutting back on drugs and alcohol, and everything is not a sexual joke nowadays.

Husker's smile is showing more and more throughout the days, whereas when you first met him all those months ago, he was a stale grump who kept to himself for the most part.

Charlie's come to the point where she's no longer a slight pushover, but instead a firm leader, which is exactly what a place like this is in dire need of.
Vaggie's starting to put off less of a cold demeanor since her biggest secret had been revealed.

And Alastor...well...that's a tricky one to judge.
To your point of view, nothing about him has changed much.
Minus, of course, his attitude towards you. Originally, he was cold, impatient, a smartass. But now...he's a bit kinder and tends to compliment you a bit more than usual.

The thought of it--him--makes you stop walking completely. You raise a hand to your chest as you exhale, while you stand in the red ray of moonlight casted through one of the many windows in the long stretch of hallway.

Tingles--or in another word, butterflies--begins to rock your stomach, your cheeks suddenly growing warm as you cross your arms.

You still can't believe it, and deep down, you find yourself wanting to deny such a feeling. Though alas, you feel it's impossible to do so.

And here you thought YOU would be the one to leash Alastor, shape and bend him to your every wish and desire.

Now....you find yourself on the other end. And you hate it.
No one should ever have that upper hand on you, goodness is this love? Making you weak in your knees, making you sigh each and every time you hide in the corner, your heart running rapid?