11 | ''i knew we were forgetting something!''

"𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘨 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘵 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳?"

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 through the cafeteria during her planning period when Jessica Stanley hollered over the chattering hall for her

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 through the cafeteria during her planning period when Jessica Stanley hollered over the chattering hall for her. "Ms. Clement!"

Bella and Edward had just taken their seats with the human teenagers – Edward now sat with Bella and her friends more often than his family. Rosalie was still a bit touchy about Bella wanting to become a vampire, making for some really awkward interactions – when Emma approached. She leaned over Eric's shoulder to see the papers that were in his hands. "I hope those are flashcards on tomorrow's quiz on Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Yorkie."

He grinned sheepishly and showed her the flash card. "I'm helping Angela write her graduation announcements. But trust, Ms. C, I'm studying hard for that."

Mike then held up a notepad in his hand with his scribbled writing. "We're helping Jess write her grad speech. With my notes, it's gonna be killer! You're just in time, Ms. C. Check it out."

Emma took one glance at Jessica's unimpressed expression and gathered that it was not, in fact, killer. But she indulged the poor guy anyway. His fault for reading a speech to an English teacher. "Let me hear it," she beckoned.

"All right. Let's see what we got," he licked his lips in anticipation. Bella and Edward already looked a bit bored, but Angela, Jessica, and Eric were all paying attention – more to see Emma's reaction. "My fellow students, right?"

"Cute," Jessica joked.

"Good," Eric nodded in support for his friend to continue. Emma giggled lightly, finding the entire ordeal very entertaining. Mike was certainly the class clown of the group.

"We are the future. Anything is possible if you just believe."

"Nice," Jessica commented while failing to hide how unimpressed she was. Angela was laughing beside her and Bella even cracked a smile at how ridiculous and absolutely terrible his notes were.

"Perfect," Eric added.

Mike grinned with satisfaction. "And you got yourself a speech." He handed the papers back to Jessica.

"No, this will be my speech when I want everyone to throw diplomas at my head," she joked a bit sarcastically. She then crumbled up the papers in a ball and threw them in Mike's face. "So, thank you." Everyone laughed at Mike's misfortune, including Emma.

"Ms. C, really?" He pouted. "You're gonna let these guys bully me? I tried really hard there."

"Well, considering you just barely have a C- in my class right now, Mike, I'd say you're lucky she didn't burn the speech herself. I love cliches as much as the next girl, but really, Mike?" The table laughed even harder as Emma joined on their ribbing.