13 | ''newborns''

"𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘧."

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐲, and Emma was finding it increasingly difficult not to cry as Jessica began her speech

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐲, and Emma was finding it increasingly difficult not to cry as Jessica began her speech. She had workshopped it day and night the entire week until it was perfection. And no, she didn't take any of Mike's advice.

Emma was sitting beside Carlisle in the crowd. Esme, Amari, Rosalie, and Emmett were sitting with them. Though it was Alice's, Jasper's, and Edward's seeming twentieth time graduating high school, it was Bella's first. And the family was there to support.

Emma was dressed in a light blue dress and white heels for the occasion, matching Carlisle's button-down underneath his grey wool blazer. When she and the attractive doctor walked in, all the students giggled and pointed, causing Emma's cheeks to redden. Carlisle ignored the student's fawning, but inside, he was exceptionally smug.

But now, everyone's eyes were on Jessica, who was standing tall and proud at the podium on the graduation stage. "When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or, in my case, a princess." That elicited a laugh from the crowd, which she had hoped for. "When we were ten, they asked us again. We answered rockstar, cowboy, or, in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this... Who the hell knows! This isn't the time to make hard, fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes, take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere, fall in love... a lot, or fall for a super hot, rich doctor like Ms. Clement-" The crowd laughed, everyone having heard of the English teacher due to their gossiping kids and all around small town culture. Carlisle chuckled himself while Emma once again blushed. "-Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing is permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can, that way someday when they ask what we wanna be, we won't have to guess. We'll know."

Emma had to wipe a stray tear with the sleeve of Carlisle's suit before she stood up with the crowd and applauded for the stellar student. Amari was going to make a joke about how she was a weeping mess, but Esme nudged him against it, wanting Emma to soak up the joyous moment as much as she could.

Then it was time for each of the graduates to be called to walk across the stage and receive their diploma. Alice was first to be called out of the children, Edward following. Jasper came next, and later, Bella. The Cullens cheered with Charlie when it was Bella's turn, and she miraculously didn't trip or stumble making her way across the stage – a major feat.

And Emma was in tears once again as she watched her beloved students moved their tassels from right to left, then threw them in the air in a display of gold.