Chapter 0.2 - First Encounter!

Time passed.

Boots clacked on the ground as you and your squad explored the ruined city. The feeling of loneliness was dissipating as you are slowly getting used to it.

Who knows if Raptures will appear right behind the buildings or in front of them? Well, it didn't really matter.

What mattered was that there was a mission to be completed.

All around you were filled with flora extending up to the tallest of the ruined buildings. The roads were old, and there were ruined cars at places.

Slowly you began dozing off in your thoughts as you explored the system's functions and how they should work.

The system told you can now command 5 squads at the same time, just like in the later parts of the Lost Sector.

The Gacha remained the same, except right now, he was unable to recruit Nikke above SR and SSR grade, since he hasn't owned them aside from the mass produced units.

[ Attention: All recruited Nikke are permanently under your free command, unobstructed ]

Oh, so that's one of the reasons why.

There was also an equipment Gacha that provided the "right equipment" just for you and your Nikke.

Since you had 20 free rolls, 10 each on the two, you wondered if you can roll on the equipment gacha first-

Marteau: "Sir, we are near the target location. Your orders?"

You were brought back to your senses by her voice. Looking forward, you notice some mechanical-like creatures walking with four legs like spiders.

Luckily, they haven't noticed you yet.

Y/N: "Nacht, can you scan the area in front of us just to be safe?"

Nacht: "Of course! Uh.... There are dozens Raptures in that area, based on the energies they're producing, they're Servants and Husks, along with a Master. Should we call for reinforcements?"

You felt very confident about this mission, and even more so about the rewards than the possible dangers that might come.

Scouring the area for any possible advantages you could use, you saw several boulders lined up perfectly for the job.

Y/N: "Get to cover, and let them come."

You replied to them, and soon the three didn't complain and walked towards the boulders to hide.

Not before hearing a loud shriek from one of the Raptures in the distance, alerting its allies that you made a quick dash to your cover.

[ A battle is about to commence ]

[ Your squad's BP: 876 ]

[ Enemy BP: 2000 ]

[ Element: D.M.T.R. / Iron ]

You know, this is better than just having 500 BP for your team. Anyway, because your chances of winning are high, it's not much of a problem.

Y/N: "Main System, Combat Mode!"

You said to your Nikke, allowing them to briefly exit their cover to open fire on the enemy as you noticed their portraits at the bottom of your vision.