11

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

It's been a week since I have been working as the assistant of King. He is not as evil as people portray him, I have seen him in a different light. Yes, I agree he is an eager weaver, but he didn't build this empire while sleeping. I respect him for his tireless dedication and I aspire to be like him.

I have learned a lot about business while working with him. Attending meetings with him and listening to his perspective, I've gleaned invaluable insights into the world of business that textbooks simply can't offer. I admire him.

He strives for perfection and notices even the tiny bit of detail. Once he rejected a deal just because the man's shoes weren't polished. I was flabbergasted seeing this, so I gathered all my courage and asked him why he did so. His response was illuminating.

He very patiently explained and said, 'Miss Knight remember, a man is judged by his shoes, implying that someone's dressing style gives an impression of a person's style, attention to detail, and sometimes socioeconomic status. Shoes are a significant factor in how one perceives an individual's overall appearance and character.
I can't take a person seriously, who doesn't take himself seriously. '

I was amazed at his logic which somehow makes sense. His perspective, though unconventional, resonated with me, underscoring the importance of self-respect and the subtle nuances of perception in the business world.

I am going to King's office right now as I'll be starting my exams so I need leave for a few days. I hope he won't make a fuss. I went inside his office as I knew he wouldn't be having any meetings now. It's weird to go straight in without knocking, I am still getting used to it.

King was going through some files when I went in, he asked me to sit.

"Yes, Miss Knight, what brings you here?"

"King, I have final year exams from the day after tomorrow, so I would need a leave for five days. However, I have already arranged your schedule for a week and a half and I can ask the receptionist to take care of your morning coffee. Moreover afternoon, I am always available on call, if you need me."

"Relax Miss Knight, you are a brave girl to be even working when your exams are so near. Don't worry, I'll manage everything here, your sole focus should be on your studies now. Infact, you should leave right now all time you get, you should utilise it to the best."

"Thank you, King, I'll be back from Monday."

"Miss Knight, take this as a best-of-luck gift from me. This pen is close to me. Write your exams with it and I am sure it will bring you luck. Make us proud Av- Miss Knight."

I was touched. This was the first time someone wished me luck or gave me a gift. I blinked back the tears in my eyes and left his office after thanking King.

 I blinked back the tears in my eyes and left his office after thanking King

It was a beautiful pen he gifted me. I felt so touched by his deed. This is something I craved for all my life. These actions of King, make me miss Ed more and more.

In these 13 years, there wasn't a day when I hadn't thought about Ed. My Eddy. He was my last thought when I closed my eyes and drifted off. I remember his 13-year-old cute chubby face, now my brother would be a big man. Does he even miss me?

I don't know why, but whenever, King does something sweet like today for me, I yearn for my bear even more.

If things were not how they are, if we were still together, Ed would have all this and much more for me. I wouldn't have got emotional when a stranger, my boss had shown some kindness to me. I want to earn so much money and contacts that I would launch a search party for my brother.

I am so angry with him, but God if you let us meet again, I promise to not be very upset with him. I swear I'll forgive him on the third time he apologizes.

Just let us meet soon.

If that thought, I packed my stuff along with the pen King had gifted me and left for my home. King is right, I have a lot to study. I can't disappoint either Ed, King or myself.

I quickly mailed the schedule to King and dropped the essential files in his office before leaving.

I have strangely gotten attached to this building. It feels more like a home than my real home. A week of not coming here makes me more sad than happy.

Quickly ditching my sad mood, I rushed to my home, I had many books to read and notes to learn from. This is my final exam, I can't take a chance.

Ed's wishes, King's luck and my hard work are all put to the test. I have to come through with flying colours, there is no other option and I am ready to face it.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

10 chapters done. What do you think about this book so far?

QOTD: How do you prefer your books,
Ebooks or Paperback?

I like the feel of Paperback but Soft copies are very handy and cheap.