[ 133 ] I owe it all to you

𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗛, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
˗ˏˋ I owe it all to you 'ˎ˗

( song for the chapter:
youth— DAUGHTER )

( song for the chapter:youth— DAUGHTER )

𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪 written on 28th October, 1981
❛'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all ❜

     My dearest Sirius,

You're sleeping next to me right now. There's no sign of mischief on your face, just pure peace— it's giving me solace too. I know it's a little creepy that I'm watching you sleep. Well, I can't sleep, perhaps I had one or seven too many drinks.

It does not help that you're gorgeous in moonlight, and at all times; I simply cannot tear my eyes away from you. 

You just asked me to marry you—like, actually get on with it and get married next week and I said yes. I only hope that if you're reading this, we at least made it that far. I don't want to die without becoming your wife first. How did you find my amazing wedding vows, lover?

I realised the engagement ring is white-gold and not silver. I guess you wanted to give me something silver but more expensive nonetheless. What a show off.

I'm sorry it came to this; I'm only writing this because I fear I will not have a chance at epic last words; if Kaz has handed you this letter, something must have gone terribly wrong. 

The very first morning I woke up on your bed, I thought you'd never know just how much you mean to me. However, I have now reached a point of my life where I don't feel vulnerable sharing my feelings. 

All because of you. All for your love.

This letter is proof of that.

I want you to know you saved me—you saved me in every way a person can possibly be saved.

I mean... you quite literally blindly ran into a burning building to rescue me; that sort of tragic love stories are engraved in people's souls. 

That sort of love never dies.