[1] Painful Life

𝐀𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝

"They are going to kill me today

"They are going to kill me today." I mumbled under my breath while dashing down the stairs. It is already six o'clock at the morning, I was suppose to wake up almost an hour ago. The beating mom and dad gave me last night was absolutely torturous. My ribs are still screaming in pain from their brutal blows.

I make my way into the small kitchen and frantically start looking in the cabinets for anything to make. Oh no, there was only two eggs left. They won't mind if I just make them scrambled eggs, right?

"Arabella? Where the fuck is our breakfast?" I stiffened, hearing my mom yell. I will be dead meat today.

I quickly take the plates of freshly cooked eggs and place it infront of them, making sure to keep my eyes on the floor. My dad hates it when I make eye contact. He says I am not worthy enough for it. He is right though.

When I was done serving, I backed up a little and stood beside the table, watching them eat. My mouth watered at sight of food and stomach rumbled but I remained quiet. I haven't ate anything in almost six days now. My parents give me food once a week and that food too is a small bread. It barely even tastes anything but that's okay. There are many people out there who don't even get food or a roof to live under. I should appreciate these little things.

"This tastes worse than dog shit. Is this what you give us after everything we have done for you?" My dad barks and gets up abruptly, making the chair behind him fall down. My hands became cold and sweat beads start to form on my forehead due to the immense fear I was feeling. Oh no, he looked very angry.

"This bitch needs a lesson, Kendrix. The last one wasn't enough, I believe." My mom remarked, eyeing me in disgust. Ouch, that hurt. Am I that ugly? Mom always says that I am though. Perhaps, she is right.

I knew what will happen next. It is painful yet I can do nothing to stop it. I am defenceless and all alone in this, like always.

Within a blink of an eye, dad is infront of me, glaring daggers at me. He resembled nothing but a monster who haunts my sleep every night.

"I-I am s-" punch.

I stagger back on the floor while holding my now bleeding nose, tears falling free from my eyes. Dad's punches are the worst, they hurt so bad. It felt like someone just broke my nose into pieces.

"Did I give you the permission to speak, bitch? How dare you speak!" Saying that, he started to kick me in the ribs, again and again until I was on the floor, sobbing and begging him to stop. This hurt so bad, please make it stop.

"Pl-please stop, I am s-sorry!" I whispered in between my sobs. I couldn't even breathe. It felt like the air in my lungs just got knocked out of me. Do all parents hurt their child like this? I didn't even do anything wrong. Maybe mom is right, the biggest mistake of my life was being born in this world. I ruined everything.