Chapter 0.3 - Reporting

When you arrived down to the Ark, you and your squad were greeted by none other than several Mass Produced Nikke who offered to take your Nikke for repairs.

They also checked whether you are injured or not, before requesting you to take a brief rest before reporting to the Deputy Chief.

When asked, they replied that Shifty told them before you arrived, and awaited before the elevator.

And as you walked down the path where the Deputy Chief's room was, you began recollecting what happened earlier.

Y/N: "Phew.... That earlier was a heart pounding experience..."

Grumbling, you put one of your hands on your pocket and took out the High Quality Chocolate Bar contained in a plastic wrapper, unwrapped it and stated at the screen right above the bar.

[ High Quality Chocolate Bar ]
[ Rank: Rare ]
[ Description: A fitting snack that restores some sanity and energy, tastes addictively sweet. ]

You ate the bar, bit by bit as it slowly made you feel more and more relaxed. It was tasty, of course, and it seemed like you were relieved of your stress and gained some energy to keep on.

Due to this, you felt like you don't need to rest a bit just to approach Andersen's room and look at the equipment you drawn out from the Equipment Gacha.

The Goddessium Armor you drawn out is actually made of 70% Goddessium, a metal that makes up a Nikke, and it feels similar to skin.

Meanwhile, the Atlas Gear has the Atlas Pattern on powerful metal like Goddessium, making the metal several times more tougher.

The problem? It was made by Ark's top scientists and now he might be quite in trouble, so he had unequipped all and any form of equipment that would be an anomaly for some MP Nikkes when you were in the elevator.

You're not really here to get questioned by authorities 24/7 while you get an annoying headache right after your first mission.

Something troublesome like that....

That would be a real drag in the ass....

You sighed again as you finished devouring the last bits of the Chocolate Bar, then tossing the wrapper to a nearby trashcan.

Once you were near Andersen's room, you took a short rest before entering the room.

Y/N: "Yo, I'm back."

Andersen: "Anything to report?"

You reported what had happened earlier including the encounter with the Lord Class Rapture Thermite, even reluctantly telling him about your ability to Overclock Nikke.

You didn't tell him about the chant, it would sound quite ridiculous and unbelievable. But you did say you felt like something could be done.

He acknowledged it as his stern gaze almost seemed to pierce through you.

Andersen: "I get that your ability allowed you to get an even ground against the rapture, but you probably knew what would happen if you overuse this ability, right?"

His stern gaze became deeper as if assessing you through your next answer.

Y/N: "Yeah.... Their inner parts will become too damaged, or worse, their cores may explode."

Andersen nodded in agreement.

Andersen: "We'll keep this a top secret between us two then. And as for your little findings, that'd be enough for you. Sorry in advance for that event."

Y/N: "Yeah.... By the way, can I modify my Nikke?"

Andersen disagreed, shaking his head.

Andersen: "That's a question you can ask only with the CEO, not me. No other questions? No? Then you are-"