✿ TO BE ON A DATE ✿

Agastya's POV of the part where he gets to know about Alaia's past is up on the scrollstck.

You can read it by clicking the link to stck in my wattpad bio. My scrollstck username is : autumntouched

ALAIA

"Chhukar mere man ko kiya tune kya ishara badla ye mausam lage pyaara jag saara." I hummed while singing the song and shuffled through my clothes to find something. Anything to make me look pretty in the eyes of Agastya.

I saw a box laying inside the wordrobe. I knitted my eyebrows and realised that it was the dress that Anaya gifted me for the opening of my bakery. I smiled and took the dress out.

It was a black dress. A delicate, strapless dress. I pondered over the thought wheather to wear it for tonight or not? I've never wore something like this before. And you've never went on a date with Agastya either.

I flushed.

A date it is. I don't care if he was cautious with his words and used it to ask me for a dinner instead of straight forwardly asking me out on a date but I'm going to consider it date, a romantic one I may add.

I wore the dress and saw myself in the mirror. The satin cloth sticked to my body like another skin, it reaches till my ankle with a long split running down right from my thighs. My clevage was visible and when I zipped up the dress, it gave my breast a little thrust. I don't know how to define, it just looked good. Too good as if I was Anaya or her friend Lia. They always wear such gorgeous dress and then walk the floor confidently. Somewhere deep down I always wondered how will I look into one of such dresses? Will I be able to carry myself into it?

I love the traditional clothings that I always wear. Cotton Sarees are my comfort. Growing up, I wore Salwar kameez every single day but I never hated it. I was asked by my mother to wear it ever since I turned twelve and I won't lie, I liked it. Maybe that's the reason why I love cotton Sarees this much. But right now when I'm wearing this western dress with so much of my skin of on display, I like it too. I feel pretty in my own skin.

The size of my clothing is not going to define my character. I've learnt this thing late but nevertheless, I'm glad that I'm finally able to figure out the difference between right and wrong. If I'm aware about my character and so do my husband then why should I worry about anyone else?

I was considered whore even when I was never at fault. Maybe it's not me. Maybe it's the society which puts women on the pedestal and then try to cage her by giving her the status of purity and then expects her to carry that burden to the next generation. That's how the Patriarchy works by turning woman against the another woman. After all if women stops hating and come united, who will be left to guide the deep seated roots of the Patriarchy to flow effortlessly? It was the men of my family who considered me taint to their reputation but if only my mother gave me a chance to explain my side of the story, if only she believed in me then maybe everything would've been different because at the end of the day it's always the mother with whom we tend to confide.

And then there's my sister-in-law who called me whore despite being a woman herself.

I shook my head and focused on myself. For a split second, I let my thoughts run wild and wondered what Agastya is going to think when he sees me like this? Is he going to tell me that I look pretty?

I blushed, profusely.

I combed my hair and let it open. I don't know much about make-up but the basic touch-up I can do effortlessly. I applied the red lipstick and wore the bracelet Agastya gave me. Going through the footwear section, I took out transparent heels.