Chapter 39

Elisha never love Nicholas. What she wants is the power that comes with Nicholas being the Emperor. In this world where women can only have power from being favored by men life is cruel for her.

Though she was loved and favored by her father, she believes she needs to work hard to earn that favor and love. She grew up seeing how his father belittle her mother for having lack of education and cheats with different woman.

That's why she vows to be different. She tried studying very hard but her father told her it was useless for a girl like her. There can only be a way to gain a slightly independent power, to become the Empress Regnant.

Those raised to be an Empress Regnant was the only ones who received the best education in line with the males. Although the Empire's system is trying to make an equal rights, there's still a long way to go.

And Elisha don't want to wait any longer for the equal rights to be established. That's why she asked her father so she can be a concubine. Her plan was to slowly rise on top and become the Empress Regnant.

But Alarice came. A wise, powerful and beautiful woman who captures the heart of the citizens and the new nobles with her wits and competence. Something that Elisha gave up on. But she has her child. The second prince of the empire. And Alarice never did covet to dominate the harem so it works out fine for her.

But when another concubine became close with the Emperor and even got pregnant she conspired with the Empress Consort to eliminate her.

And she did gain a little something, A secret lover. Mikhail, A knight who dares covet the Emperor's concubine. He was the one who killed the first concubine.

And now, Elisha's going to use her again to kill another hindrance to her ambitions. Luckily, Mikhail was also on the frontline of the battlefield. Sneaking up the aborticide will be easy for him.

---

A week later, Alarice was being checked up by the doctor once again. She insisted that there's no way she's pregnant as she constantly drinks a contraception everytime they did it. Mael was also inside the tent to supervise her.

"You are 7 weeks along, your majesty." Assured the doctor

Alarice groaned.

"Why?! I always take contraceptions!" She said

"Contraception is never a hundred percent effective. And ... Pardon me for asking... But how many times have you done it with His Majesty?"

Alarice looked at Mael.

"Can you please go out? This is kind of personal." She said

"As much as I want to, I can't. I need to supervise you so you can't ask anything stupid to the doctor." He said

"What? Can you really evesdrop on my and your father's private affairs?"

"I'm already taking lessons about those things so it doesn't really matter." He said

"Get out of here! Call a maid to supervise me or something! Gosh! This is so embarrassing!" She said

Mael sighed.

"Fine." He said then call a maid

Before Mael get out of the tent she answered the doctor's question.

"At least 5 times. I don't know, he always go on and on until I passed out " she said feeling the shame creeping in

She heard Mael cough before leaving the tent and the maid looked down and blush from her answer.

She tightly closed her eyes from embarrassment.

I hate this! Child! You're giving me. A lot of trouble here!

"Mhhh... With that amount of you know, I'm actually surprise it took you almost four years before getting pregnant." The doctor said

"You mean the amount of sperm is the problem?" She blurted out frankly forgetting the shame for a while.

"Yes."

"Should I just cut his balls or something?"

"What?!" Asked the shocked doctor

"Oh nothing. My intrusive thoughts just win." She just said

She glanced at the maid who was now looking at her intently. Then she sighed. She wanted to ask for an aborticide but it seems like she can't do it.

"Thank you. You may now go." She said

Do I really have to give birth now?

That night when she called Mael to ask for an any news regarding the runaway rebels. And a new problem arises.

"There was an Intel that told us that they are currently recruiting mercenaries to retrieve their companions who were apprehended. But they are recruiting from the country of Vallas. It's a small country and we don't have any permission to search for them there. It might cause a stir if we bring our soldiers in a small country. The worst case is that we'll have to enter another war." Mael explained

"They still have that much resources?"

"A noble must have been secretly financing them." He said

"So there was a traitor from our side?"

"There's a big possibility. I've already plotted on who the might be."

"Mhhh.. based on their recent activity, it could be Marquess Ablizia. They were the ones who own the bridge between Philleon Empire and Vallas. They can easily grant them access. Discreetly search their house for evidence and disperse some knights in secret to search for the rebels in Vallas. As little number as possible as to not arouse any suspicions." She said

"Count Cretillon is also possible. He owns a mine that was confiscated by Father for tax evasion. He also runs a casino responsible for slave tradings which can be a possible hideout of some rebels as they are also close to the borders."

"What about Marquess Larmalleve? They also harbors Ill will against the imperial family and have enough reason to help the rebels. After all, your Father refused to take his daughter as his queen and punished her severely when she looked down on your mother."

"There's a lot of possiblity on who helps them. But they connect with one person." Mael said

She looked at him discreetly then sighed.

"Right. They are all part of the old nobles faction."

"Which was ruled by my grandfather. Duke Elemea." He said

Mael then looked at he intently.

"It may sound unreliable but please let me deal with this case. I want to know the truth myself." Mael said

Alarice just nodded.

--

Weeks passed and they are still at the camp, trying to resolve the conflict on the rebels. Alarice still spend her time healing some of the injured but Mael will always insists on her resting.

Then a letter came that left Alarice feeling bitter.

My dearest Empress,

I deeply apologize for being unable to come to you. Empress Consort Qashanna insisted that I stay as she and our child needs me. She was still weak and sick from giving birth.

I've sent you delegations to come pick you up. Please come with them and we'll talk when you get here.

I hope to see you soon with our child.

Even in the end, Nicholas can never prioritize Alarice.

--

Hi! Here's another one!! And there will be no update tomorrow. Next update will be on fridaaay. Kapit langs haha