22.

"We need to talk." She stormed over to where she'd seen her so-called parents who hadn't informed her about them joining parties.

"We know what this is about." Kevin put his hands out, surrendering.

"Why would you join the party without telling me or asking me? Like I know it's your money, but it's for me I was bound to find out one way or another." She asked harshly.

"Baby, your uncle Anthony called us and told us that it would be better to join parties he thought it would help you bond and rebuild your relationship." Miranda tried to explain.

"You know how much of an asshole he is, and you believed him. Tell me this is a joke right now."

"Well, you did say he was trying to rebuild the relationship, so why not?" She raised a hand aiming to stroke her hair, but it was swatted away.

"That doesn't excuse anything. I said we were trying not that it was fixed and you didn't even think to tell me or give me a heads up I had to hear it from Zade and that's your excuse, are you joking?" She let out frustrated breath.

"I know D, we're sorry. I admit it wasn't the smartest idea. We thought you'd be excited. But we should have run the idea by you first. And for that, i'm sorry." They apologized sincerely.

"As you should be, it should have been my decision, and you took that choice away from me. So I don't forgive you for that. I need to be alone now. Goodnight." She needed time to cool down before she said of did something stupid.

Something that she couldn't take back.

~~~~~~~

"We need to call a meeting when the party's over." Liam exclaimed, walking into the room.

"Is there anything of importance you'd like to discuss." Dexter asked his nephew.

"What's this about?" Jace asked, taking a seat.

"You should go be with Mika." Lucas mocked.

"Why did something happen to her?" He stood up hastily.

"No, it was a joke." Lucas clarified.

"No, he really should, but you might wanna hear why first." Lucas's words halted him.

"What happened?"

"We should wait for everyone before we start."

"I don't give a." He stopped himself.

"I don't care. I just want to know what happened to her." He composed himself.

"The reason she doesn't eat anything is because the maids have been starving her since she 4. That's why she doesn't trust anything they gave her." He couldn't even meet his youngest brother's gaze.

"She said they'd undercook or overcook her food and add nothing but salt to it so she couldn't eat it. And they'd split the money we gave them for her food amongst themselves." He continued.

"Where are they?" Zade asked.

"I told them to make her some food to make sure she was telling the truth." Liam explained.

"She is telling the truth she wouldn't lie about this." Jace said through gritted teeth.

"We don't know that." Lucas added.

"I do she's not that desperate for your attention, trust me." Jace pointed out.

"Jace, calm yourself down she probably is." Lucas placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Fuck off Lucas." He shrugged it off.

"Jace." Joseph warned.

"Stop treating her like she's made out of glass." Lucas blocked his path.