Shadow Reckoning - Chapter 99

Now, it's just you and me!" Kazaks roared, his grip tightening around Ybael's neck, the pressure squeezing tighter with each passing moment.

"Kazaks! Damn you!" Sentinel's anger surged, his expression a mix of fury and determination.

"It's over, Kazaks," Ybael declared calmly, despite the chokehold cutting off his air supply.

"Huh?!" Kazaks exclaimed in surprise, his hold momentarily loosening in confusion.

In an instant, Ybael's eyes underwent a dramatic transformation. The whites darkened, while his irises turned stark white, a stark contrast against the darkness. A symbol of yang materialized on his right eye.

With a swift motion, Ybael raised his hand, palm facing Kazaks, and channeled an unseen force

With a swift motion, Ybael raised his hand, palm facing Kazaks, and channeled an unseen force. Kazaks was sent hurtling through the air, crashing through the dense foliage and colliding with a nearby tree.

"Arrghhh," Kazaks groaned, the impact sending waves of pain through his body.

Ybael and Sentinel remained rooted in place, watching as Kazaks crumpled against the tree, rendered unconscious by the force of Ybael's counterattack.

"Nice job, Ybael!" Sentinel cheered, a surge of adrenaline coursing through him.

Ybael's expression remained stoic as he issued instructions to Sentinel. "Call the other warriors, for safety measures," he directed, his voice calm and authoritative.

Concern etched Sentinel's features as he glanced back at Ybael. "Will you be alright holding off against him?" he inquired, his voice laced with worry.

Ybael's response was firm and resolute. "Yes," he affirmed, his gaze unwavering.

"Got it!" Sentinel acknowledged, determination flashing in his eyes as he darted off towards the other warriors.

As Sentinel departed, Kazaks' eyes snapped open, a fierce determination igniting within him. With a burst of speed, he charged towards Sentinel, his war hammer poised for attack.

"HAAAAA!" Kazaks roared, swinging his weapon with all his might, only to be met with the swift parry of Sentinel's sword.

"Not so fast," Sentinel retorted, his voice calm yet filled with determination. "I have fast reflexes from all those training, not so fast!"