12 | ''i punched a werewolf in the face''

"𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 – 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥."

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 were waiting outside the Swan residence while Jacob investigated for the intruder inside with Bella

𝐄𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 were waiting outside the Swan residence while Jacob investigated for the intruder inside with Bella. Emma had reasoned that she wanted to join on the little adventure so that Carlisle and the rest of the family could hunt while she and Bella could be protected by him and Jacob. And that she didn't want Edward to wait alone outside.

Edward, the mind reader, however, know otherwise. She was there just in case Bella wasn't enough to stop him from ripping Jacob to shreds.

"I'm not five, you know. You don't need to babysit me," Edward snipped, his tone slightly bitter.

"No, you're a century." Emma giggled at the absurdity of the fact. It was hard enough for her to wrap her head around vampires existing, but learning that the teenagers were alive before she was even born was still a struggle for her to comprehend at times. "And I'm not babysitting you. I'm keeping you company."

"Because you don't trust me," Edward stated.

"More like I don't trust Jacob," Emma corrected. "He may look like a twenty-something-year-old on steroids, but he's only sixteen. And such, has the temper of one." Edward appreciated the slight Jacob slander and even managed a chuckle. Perhaps Emma's company wasn't the worst.

Bella and Jacob then exited the house. "Whoever it was, he left a stink behind," Jacob told them with a hint of disgust that he never tried to hide about the vampires. "It'll be hard to miss it again. We'll handle it from here."

Emma smiled appreciatively, grateful that the wolves would extend their protection to them. "Thank you, Jacob. And tell Sam that we are so grateful that you would do this for us."

"We don't need you to handle anything or anyone," Edward said in a grave tone. It seemed he was not so grateful. Emma nudged Edward's arm, warning him to tone down his saltiness over the situation. He may not like Jacob, but if he wanted Bella to be safe, they needed his help. Edward read her thoughts, and though he hated to admit it, he knew she was right.

Edward had lived for a hundred years, and somehow, this 23-year-old held more wisdom in her pinky thumb than he did in his entire body.

Though Edward was calming down, Jacob was not. "I couldn't care less what you need," he glared.

Edward only had so much restraint for the wolf, and the cracks were showing. "All right, we're done here," he declared.

"No, you're done here," Jacob fired back, taking a threatening step forward.