16

Back to present

🍁 EDMUND 🍁

We were sitting in each other's arms, crying. Letting out the pain we felt in those years. The pain of separation. Our pain was enough to make the sky cry with us. It started raining. I made Ava stand and pulled her to the house built on the ranch. Rex has already gone to his stable. I made Ava sit on the sofa in front of the fireplace and brought dry towels for both of us. Thankfully she stopped crying but was hiccupping now. I poured water for her and made her drink it. There was so much I wanted to talk to her but I didn't know where to start. I sat in front of her and no one spoke a word. We were just looking at each other.

"Dry yourself with the towel Ava or you will catch a cold."

"Why are you worried about me now Ed or should I say King? Where were you all those years." She said harshly.

"I am a King because you are my princess Ava. In those years my heart never stopped missing you. My eyes never stopped looking for you. My mind never stopped talking about you." I said honestly.

"Then why did you and Dad abandon me? Leave Dad, I don't even remember his face but you Ed, did I trouble you so much." Tears were shining in her eyes.

"You think you troubled me, Miss
Ava knight. Idiot, you were and are the reason that I am living. These years without you were suffocating. Dad told me that day that you didn't want to live without your mother that's why left with her. Now tell me Ava who abandoned whom." I asked with hurt.

"WHAT! Mom told me that you and Dad didn't want us because I threw tantrums. I even begged to let me meet you once but she always slapped me and sent me back to my room." What a sick game our parents played with us.

"WHAT THE HELL, She raised her hands on you? I would have killed her if she wasn't dead already."

"You know about her death." She asked quietly.

"Mom's debtor told me. Don't worry I handled him, he won't trouble you any more." I said.

"Mark told you about him?" Oops, I guess I got Mark in trouble.

"Don't be angry with him, he did what he was asked to."

"He is not just a driver, right." Again, oops.

"Umm, he is a trained bodyguard and my most trusted man."

"God! When did you even recognise me." She asked

"When I first laid my eyes on you at the meeting when you sneezed. Your name and allergy confirmed my suspicions." I smiled at the memory.

"So bad Ed, you still troubled me after knowing me. I was so stressed about that meeting." She said with a pout. I can see a glimpse of my sweet Ava now.

" Wanted to see if my sister has lost her spark or not."

"What did you find out?" She asked with a smirk.

"That you are even brighter now."

She ran to me and sat on my lap. She hid her face in my shirt and tears were leaking from her eyes. In her cute muffled tone, she angrily said,
"I hate our parents so so so much. Why were they so cruel to separate us."

I pulled her back and wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"Let's not cry over the past. We have wasted lots of time because of some stupid people. Now I will cherish my sister forever and never let you go anywhere. See your hairs are dry, want me to braid it for you." She nodded and I brought a comb and braided her hair like I did when she was eight. Her hair is even longer and thicker now.

As she wasn't well, so I chopped some fruits for her while she rested in the living room. Before coming here, I asked the caretakers to restock the fridge. I made her eat the fruits despite her complaints while we talked more about each other's lives.

She hasn't changed much she is still very talkative but just with me. It makes me feel so special. She told me about her problems and struggles, how our Mom died due to cancer and about her education as well.

Then I told her how I started King's group. She got a little upset when I told her about Mr Knight's second wedding.

Then I made dinner for us while she sat on the counter. I like cooking for her.
She insisted on helping but I strictly declined. I want to treat her like a princess that she is.

After dinner, we went horse riding. She rode on Rex the white horse while I rode on Eden, the brown one. It was the best day I have had in a while. Like in 13 years. Finally, it felt like I was home.

We slept in the ranch house only cuddling with each other. I wasn't ready to let her go away from my eyes even for a minute. She was also clinging to me like she did back then.

Before sleeping, I messaged my men to cancel all my meetings for tomorrow. I need some time just with my sister, work can wait.

 I need some time just with my sister, work can wait

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

QOTD: Which is your favourite car?

Guys I am sorry to inform you that story is soon coming to an end :(

Just kidding😉