00

sekaiyah kamali banks
Harlem, new york
Flashback...

13 year old sekaiyah and her dad were on their way home after he had picked her up from school.

They were blasting 'keep ya head up' by tupac.

"You know, me and tupac went to the same school back in the day," her dad looked at the sky as if he was reminiscing.

"Boy, you was 9 when he was 25" she straight faced him.

"Girl hush, anyways i remember my daddy nem was blasting they music all the time and shit, my dad swore they went to school together and shit" he laughed.

"Aint tupac go school in baltimore?" sekaiyah asked.

"I dont know but what i do know is that my dad dropped out in 7th grade, his dumbass" he said and we both fell into laughter.

They stopped at a red light and her dad put down the windows since it was hot, a few seconds later a black car with dark tinted windows pulled up next to them.

The windows from the black car rolled down revealing 2 men pointing guns our direction.

"awl shit, i love you kaiyah" her dad said calmly before they let of shots.

The black car rode off quickly and sekaiyah opened her eyes seeing her dad with blood covering his body and covering the seat.

"NO, DAD WAKE UP" she shook him crying.

"DAD WAKE UP, OH MY GOSH" she continued shaking him before she started hearing sirens.

HOSPITAL

"Family of jordan james banks?" the docter walked up to them.

Her mother, Her brother tremani and sekaiyah stood up hoping to hear good news while her little brother elijah slept on a chair.

"I am so sorry for your loss" he said.

Tremani and sekaiyah immediately started crying while her mom stood there, no tears or anything, she just shook her head like she was in denial.

"He is not dead, my husband cant be dead, tell me its a joke" she said.

"Im sorry ma'am" the doctor said before walking off.

"Oh my babies" she hugged them.

4 MONTHS LATER

"mama, me, tremani and elijah finna go to the park" sekaiyah walked into her room seeing her laying her on bed looking at some pictures.

"Okay, stay safe out there my babies" she softly spoke, sekaiyah could see shes been crying and she hated it.

Ever since her dad died their family hasn't been the same, her mom tries to be there for her kids as much as she can but even thought they lost their dad, she lost her husband and bestfriend.

"We will, love you ma" sekaiyah walked up to her before giving her a hug, then she walked outside to see brothers outside waiting for her.

"Come on lets go" they all ran to the park which was a 3 minute walk from their house.

"We finna play basketball with your friends tj?" her 9 year old brother asked tremani.