1-5 - Return

"Commander..... It's.... Painful...."

You crouched down towards Marian, checking her body out for any sort of damages she might have sustained.

Perhaps through the digestive liquids some parts of Marian have been damaged by these liquids.

"Good grief, you look horrible." You said, holding her hand. ".... Sorry."

"I don't mind...." She replied as her hand tightened her grip. "But, why do you care about me? I'm just a Nikke, not a human. A tool, like them."

"That question again, huh? I don't know, Marian. I guess I'm just the odd one out of everyone." You replied, shaking your head, "But fret not, it's not your time yet."

"Not.... My time?"

"Marian, trust me when I say this, but I saw the future."

Marian.....

Trusted you immediately.

"What will happen to me?"

For a moment, hesitation and reluctance showered over you. You couldn't exactly tell her, but at the same time it sounds stupid.

Her memory might be wiped, but it's...

It's.....

'My problem? Haaah..... What a drag....'

It was something that was making you feel like sighing out loud for god's sake. At the same time, it hurt your chest.

"After you die by my handgun, you will be reborn as a sort of Rapture-Nikke Hybrid known as a Heretic, and will soon be part of humanity's enemies. Who knows, maybe your memories will be erased, or be suppressed?"

"I-Is that so? I... don't want to be with them, I want to be... with you! I don't want my memories erased...." She replied with the look of dread, it's as if she wanted to keep on holding onto you.

"....."

You grumbled, pondering over this situation.

"But.... Will we meet again?" She asked, and you immediately nodded. "Then! I want to keep remembering you, so that when we meet again, I'd be on your side!"

That request is easy to understand.

"I see. That'll be very tough. Especially when this new you will be a bit different from what you usually were."

You couldn't really help but sigh deeply.

"Right.... Let's get this over with. Are you ready?"

"....."

Marian silently nodded, and you pulled out the handgun strapped on your hip and placed its barrel on her forehead.

A few tears came down her eyes, and she smiled at you.

".... Do it, I will hope for our reunion, Commander."

Gritting your teeth and closing your eyes, you looked away and focused on shooting her, making yourself think that she is a target on the shooting range.

*BANG!*

The deed is done.

You turned towards your Nikke, approaching them as you calmed yourself down, only noticing several notifications in the form of floating screens on your vision at this moment.

[ Tyrant: Blacksmith - Defeated! ]

[ You have obtained the Following:
• Tyrant Core Dust: Blacksmith (SR Material) x1
  - Can be used to upgrade R Nikke to SR while grant that certain Nikke new abilities (Req. Level 80, Bond Level 5)
• 400 Core Dust
25K Battle Data
• 10K Credits
• 300 Gems
• 1.5K Commander EXP ]