25

Mika longed for an escape, a respite from the relentless demands and pressures of daily life.

Feeling suffocated by deadlines, expectations, and the constant buzz of technology, she yearned for a place where she could breathe freely, where time slowed to a gentle crawl, and the cacophony of the world faded into a distant murmur.

The mere thought of the towering trees, the winding trails, and the whispering breeze filled her with a flicker of hope, a glimmer of solace amidst the chaos.

As she entered the woods, a wave of tranquility washed over her, enveloping her in its soothing embrace.

The dense canopy above filtered the harsh glare of the sun into a soft, golden glow, casting dappled shadows on the forest floor below.

The air was cool and crisp, infused with the earthy scent of pine and moss, a welcome respite from the stale confines of city life.

With each step, she felt the tension in her muscles begin to melt away, replaced by a sense of lightness and freedom.

She meandered along winding paths and hidden clearings, her senses alive to the myriad sights and sounds of the forest.

Birds sang melodious tunes from their leafy perches, while small creatures scurried and rustled in the underbrush, their presence a testament to the vibrant life teeming within the woods.

Lost in the serenity of her surroundings, she allowed herself to become fully immersed in the moment, her mind empty of worries and cares.

As the sun began its slow descent towards the horizon, painting the sky in hues of pink and gold, she knew it was time to reluctantly bid farewell to her forest sanctuary.

With a sense of peace and renewal coursing through her veins, she turned to retrace her steps, the memory of her time in the woods, a cherished treasure she would carry with her always.

Though the outside world awaited her return with all its chaos and noise, she knew that whenever life became too overwhelming, she could always seek refuge in the quiet serenity of the woods—a timeless sanctuary where she could find solace.

As she returned from her leisurely walk in the woods, she was surprised to find Jace waiting for her at the familiar trailhead.

His presence brought her a sense of comfort she'd only felt when she was with a friend, and she greeted him with a warm yet confused expression, his anticipation evident in the way he fidgeted like an excited puppy, barely able to contain his joy.

With a soft smile playing on her lips, she approached him, her heart fluttering with warmth at the sight of her brother's eager expression.

Before she could utter a word, Jace was already moving towards her, his arms outstretched in a welcoming embrace.

"Mind if I walk you back?"

Mika shook her head, appreciating her twin brother's offer of companionship.

"Not at all," she replied, feeling a surge of gratitude for his thoughtfulness.

The main reason she did was because she felt nauseous and as if she could pass out at any given moment.

And if she did, he could carry her with ease.

They walked in comfortable silence, the rustling of leaves and the occasional chirping of birds providing a soothing soundtrack to their journey.

When they arrived home, Kevin and Miranda greeted them warmly, relieved to see them both safe and sound. The others had already left after Jace had offered to take her home.