Forget The Past, We've Got the Future

"Why do people try to think about the past and not the future?"

The 'final' he asked, scrunching his face in the window.

"Child, this in not Earth,"

His Mother asked.

"People don't think about stuff that way anymore."

"What do you mean this isn't Earth? I swore this is still the planet we live on! You're lying to me, aren't you?"

The 'final' He's Mother couldn't answer. It was a big challenge that the mother sworn was too impossible to complete. She continued washing the white and green-striped plates and stayed silent, until the 'final' Him stood up from his broken chair, which was about to start falling apart.

"Well, what do you mean this isn't Earth?"

He repeated with a fresh, wild smirk on his face. The mother didn't answer. She spent hours thinking, and the 'final' him would just stare at her. The mother quickly thought of some sort of idea to get out of this.

It could be anything,

She thought.

I just need something to get that filthy child out of here!

The 'final' he finally tapped her on the left shoulder. Scared, the mother jumped up and turned around.

"What did you just do to your mother?"

"I did what you asked for!"

"What did you just say?"

"You heard me, and I know that for sure!"

The mother growled and walked out of the room. She went into her son's room and started to put everything of his in a bag.

"What are you doing?"

The 'final' him asked, in a worried, sarcastic voice.

The mother smiled and turned around quickly. She walked towards the 'final' he and shook his shoulders.

"You will regret being alive until this day!"

She screamed.

"No, I won't!"

The 'final' him screamed in a confident attitude.

He smacked a rope in his hands and started whacking his mother with it. He pulled out a blue laser and used it to read his mother's mind.

That child's been useless all his life! He doesn't do a thing but asks me annoying, dumb questions all the time! I wish that I were all alone! I'd rather be alone than be with him.

The 'final' he read his mother's mind cautiously.

"No, I haven't! I do more things than you!"

"What do you mean? I never said anything like that!"

"Yes, you have! I'm using this machine right now to read your mind!"

"Well, it's true! You have been useless! You don't even do anything but make up stupid, dumb questions to challenge me to."

"Is that all I do? You sure about that?"

"I'd pay you one billion dollars in cash just so that you could believe me."

"Where is it? I'll believe you!"

"Okay, you're finally useful for once!"

The mother smirked and handed the money to her son.

"Thanks! Now I can do some other useful things with it! I still don't believe you!"

The 'final' he replied.

The mother growled and tried to jump on him. He dodged the attack, but the mother got back up. The 'final' he pointed to his laser, but he didn't have enough electricity in it. The mother laughed an evil laugh, and her eyes turned blue.

She sparked flames around her son and saw her son pass away.

She laughed for a second, then paused.

"What,"

She began.

"Have I done? Have I been hypnotized?"

She got a bucket of water and dumped it on the house. She got on one knee and cried.

"Your question is answered; We've got the future, so forget the past."

*Story Ended* 

Sequel to 'Forget the Past, We've Got the Future' coming soon! 

This story is also included in the following Short Story Collections:

250+ Science Fiction Short Stories

The 2024 Science Fiction Short Story Collection

365 Days of Science Fiction Stories (Year 2024)