FIVE|JEALOUSY,JEALOUSY

CHAPTER FIVE "i think, i think too much"

CHAPTER FIVE
"i think, i think too much"

paige
text & narrative

NOVEMBER 13th 2022
UCONN

"what the heck." paige said as she saw the picture of diana, her diana and luke fucking michael, the player of iowa. why would diana ever go out with someone like him.

"did you see the picture of diana and that boy?" nika asked her best friend as she walks into the locker room. "yea i just did, diana said that she was doing something and i guess that's what she was doing." paige says in a disappointed tone.

"hey don't be sad, i mean she doesn't even know you like her but i'm sure if she did know she wouldn't have went on that date." nika says trying to make her best friend feel better. "yea whatever." paige says walking out of the locker room to head to practice.

practice was awful for paige. she was missing easy shots, her defense was terrible, and the team had to run so much. the whole practice she couldn't get the fact that diana went on a date. paige didn't want to admit that she was jealous because she had nothing to be jealous of because her and diana were just friends but paige was in fact jealous.

everyone could see that she was angry and they all had a good idea on why she was angry and that idea was diana james. the team also couldn't believe that she went on a date but they also know that paige hasn't told diana about her feelings towards her and that if she had diana would have never went on that date.

"girl if you don't cheer up im gonna beat you up." kk says to paige trying to cheer her up with her happy attitude on life. "kk i love you and you know that but please just leave me alone." paige says back to the girl really just wanting to be alone. "i did everything i could." kk tells the other girls in the locker room as she walks to the showers.

"paige i don't care that you want to be alone right now, diana doesn't even know you like her and i'm positive that if she did know she wouldn't have went on that date. now grow up and stop being all sad and text her." azzi says fed up with the attitude paige was having.

"alright, maybe you're right. i'm going to text her when i get home so i'm fully calmed down." paige says as she feels like some of the weight has been lifted off of her shoulders. "good idea now let's go home." nika tells the girl.

when paige and nika got to there apartment it was 5:00 which is the time that they normally ate dinner but paige couldn't bring herself to eat. she was so nervous about texting diana and asking her about her date with luke. paige didn't want diana to be uncomfortable with her asking questions but paige need to know.

"are you going to text her?" nika asked the girl that was intensely staring down at her phone with diana contact pulled up. "yea i am i just don't know what to say." paige tells nika in a worried voice. "here can i do it?" nika asked paige as she held out her hand for paige to give her the phone. "alright but be nice please." paige says as she gives the phone to her as nika gives her a look when she said be nice.

diana!

paige
hey diana, saw that you went on a date. i didn't know you had a boyfriend.

diana!
hey paige, sorry i didn't text you earlier like i said i was going to, i feel asleep and also he's not
my boyfriend. we were just texting for a bit then he didnt talk to me for days. then when i went to the party he was there and asked if i would go on a date with him so he could make it up to me. i'm sorry i didn't tell you. i guess i just thought you won't care.

paige
i'm sorry that i gave you attitude. i was just confused on why you didn't tell me and i was also confused because i didn't think you liked boys.

diana!
it's totally ok. i should have told you i mean friends tell each other things and yes i like boys but i also like girls. i like girls little bit more then i like boys tbh.

paige
alr well im going to go eat so i will text you later.

diana!
ok bye paige!
diana!
wait do you like boys?

paige
you think i like boys 🥲 i have failed

diana!
so im going to take that as you like girls

paige
yes i like girls and only girls.

diana!
ok well go eat!

as paige read through the texts she was relieved that diana likes girls and the fact that luke wasn't her boyfriend she just went on a date with him.

however paige was still somewhat upset because she didn't know how to tell diana that she likes her and that she doesn't want her to go on a date with anyone else. there was also a bigger problem then not knowing what to say and that problem was distance.

paige thought that long distance relationships never worked and that they were too hard so she came to the conclusion that she wouldn't be telling diana how she feels and that they will just continue being friends and maybe as time goes on the crush will die.

______
this is kind of a short chapter i just didn't really know what to write but i also wanted this chapter to be in the book sooo we just have a short chapter now.
i hope yall are enjoying this book!
i wrote a lot so now i have chapters to go out all week so be hyped for that
anyways thank yall for reading! enjoy