EIGHT|ALL TOO WELL

CHAPTER EIGHT "he said it's supposed to be fun turning 21"

CHAPTER EIGHT
"he said it's supposed to be fun turning 21"

diana
narrative, text, instagram

NOVEMBER 18th 2022
IOWA

it was finally friday which ment it was diana's 21st birthday. when diana was younger she loved her birthday because it was the one day that was about her and no one else.

as diana got older she started to hated her birthday. she hated the attention, she hated that her parents loved getting drunk more then they loved her.

ever since diana went off to college and met her best friends, they have made it there mission to make diana birthdays her favorite day of the year. they get her gift, they took her to dinner, and they did what ever she wanted to do because it was her day.

diana loved her friends for trying to make her birthday something special and they really did make it a great day but there was still a piece of her heart missing that would only be filled by her parents.

"happy birthday" diana's three best friends yelled as she walked into the living room of her apartment. "aw thank you guys, you know you don't have to do this right." diana says as she sees all the decorations they hung up for her. "we know but we wanted to, you are our girl and we love you." gabbie says to the girl giving her a hug.
"well thank you." diana says one last time before all of them walk into the kitchen so they could eat breakfast together. caitlin, kate, gabbie, and diana always eat breakfast together when it's one of there birthdays.

"so what do you want to do after your birthday dinner?" caitlin asked the girl as they were eating in peaceful silence. "i don't know, maybe we should go out to a bar or something." "are you sure? we know how you feel about bars and parties." kate asks the girl confused on why she suddenly wants to go out.

"i know but i feel like i should get out there more. i mean im 21 now and i need to get over this fear i have." diana says being honest with her best friends. diana didn't want her parents addiction to hold her back from being a young adult. diana knew she would never end up like them. it only took her 21 years to realize that but she finally did.

"alright then we are going out." caitlin says excited that diana is wanting to go out with them.

paige🙃

paige🙃
happy birthday diana, i'm so thankful that i get to call you my friend! ily 🩵

diana
thank you so much paige! ily💕

"she loves me?" diana questions herself. diana has been getting happy birthday texts ever since 12 am and she was super thankful for all but her day was made when paige sent her that text.