[7] Grave Mistake

𝐀𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐃'𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐨

Changing into a white full-sleeved shirt tucked in blue baggy jeans, I run my fingers through my untamed dark hair in an attempt to look somewhat presentable

Changing into a white full-sleeved shirt tucked in blue baggy jeans, I run my fingers through my untamed dark hair in an attempt to look somewhat presentable. The dark circles underneath my silver eyes and visible paleness on my face only made me look worse.

 The dark circles underneath my silver eyes and visible paleness on my face only made me look worse

Last night I couldn't sleep at all. The dark abyss which was supposed to be peaceful was nothing but full of nightmares for me. All I did was toss and turn in my bed which resulted in the exhaustion and restlessness I am feeling now.

Looking to my right, the glowing digits of the digital clock showed the time to me. 12:30 PM. My eyes widened as I quickly took my phone in my hand and rushed downstairs. Ezekiel ordered me to be ready by twelve, I don't know how I lost track of time.

Upon reaching downstairs, I noticed all the brothers except Damon speaking with each other in a hushed tone. A frown made up on my face as Ezekiel tucked something shiny into his waistband, Killian and Kallias soon following their elder brother's actions. What was that?

"Tieni le armi sempre con te e- Ara?" All heads snapped towards my direction as Elijah stopped mid-sentence. I shifted in my place nervously seeing the emotionless look on his face. However, after seeing me, his expression warms up with a smile. Their duality is crazy.

(Keep your guns with you at all times and-)

"Good morning, tesoro. You slept well?" He asks worriedly, noticing the obvious eyebags in my face. I cover up my tiredness with a fake smile before nodding in response.

"Morning, bambina!" I internally sigh when Kallias greets me happily, efficiently shutting Elijah's further voice of concern. "Are you excited for shopping?"

"Very." I mutter with a smile, finding his one too contagious not to return. My mind and heart was screaming in fear and anxiousness but I tried hard not to let it show. They don't need to see me as an extra emotional baggage to carry around.