Chapter 2-2 - Beginning Of Life In The Outpost

Honestly, you felt like watching the Mass Produced Nikke work around this part of the outpost closely with interest.

They carried the corpses of the raptures to an automatic crane which put several of them down to a seemingly bottomless pit the Nikke don't want you getting too close to.

As far as you remember, raptures down there are processed into boxes filled with credits, Battle Data, Core Dusts, Consoles, and even equipment and ammo.

How it is done boggles your mind, so you believed it just happens.

Upon closer inspection through the System, you found out what their levels were.

[ Product 23 - Level 46 ]

[ Product 08 - Level 65 ]

[ I-Doll Sun - Level 36 ]

[ I-Doll Flower - Level 38 ]

Aside from their other stats which were pretty average for a Mass Produced Nikke, they had the same equipment as your own Nikke when you first met them, except they are upgraded to Level 3.

Soon, the system flashed a notification in front of you.

[ Notice: This system detects that you are in an important location, known as "The Outpost" ]

[ Would you like to update the system to connect to the outpost? ]

[ Yes / No ]

Not really having anything else to do, you pressed the yes button.

And, connect to the outpost, huh....

Surely it simply says allowing you to manage the Outpost more effectively through the System, right?

[ For safety reasons, you can freely access the inventory and abilities granted by the system, anything else like the Equipment and Nikke Gacha  are unavailable during the update ]

[ E.T.A. Until update is finished: 35:59:55 ]

"Good grief..." you muttered, not minding the time needed to update the system; at least it's pretty short.

With a glance towards 23, who was somehow pretty eager meeting you earlier, she waved her hand up with a bright smile.

"Hey, Commander! How about you follow me around the outpost? It'll be short and enough to familiarize you with this place," 23 asked, despite superstitions from her companions.

"Uh, yeah. I don't mind," you replied, and 23 became a lot more energetic.

"Really? Then let's go!" She replied, gesturing at you to move.

Yet Eight stepped in between the two of you, facing 23 with a stoic expression. And, to be honest, you don't understand why she would do this.

"23, that's not needed. Ma'am Chillipepper can do it by herself," she told the girl, only for her to pucker her cheek.

"Hmph, haven't you noticed? She's not here yet as she is in a meeting. I'm going to uphold her duty of being the guide of the outpost, and I can trust this commander too! He's a good man, they told me!"

23 was becoming more stubborn by the moment, so there was no other way to deal with this than to let her.

With a sigh, Eight turned around and began to leave silently.

"Fine, go do your best. We'll do our daily patrolling routine here. Just don't creep out that commander too much."

That was all that was spoken before the three Nikke went along without glancing towards you two.