Shadow Reckoning - Chapter 138

After a successful shopping trip, they returned home, feeling a sense of contentment as they settled into the familiar surroundings of their living room. Ruby'ck's excitement bubbled over as she exclaimed, "Ahh, home sweet home!"

Yzavynne, while equally pleased to be back, expressed a hint of anticipation for the reunion with their friends. "Finally, I'll get to see them again, well, not immediately, but later," she remarked, her thoughts already drifting to the joyful moments they would share.

As they sorted through the groceries and stored the ingredients in the icebox, Zach reflected on the events of the day. "They'll be back soon, after their adventures in the village," he assured them, his tone calm and reassuring.

Yzavynne's curiosity got the better of her as she turned to Zach. "Speaking of which, Captain, while Ruby'ck and I were out, what have you all been up to?" she inquired, eager to catch up on any developments during their absence.

"Zach, I'm curious too! What happened while we were out?" Ruby'ck chimed in, her eyes brimming with anticipation.

Zach nodded, acknowledging their curiosity. "Well, while you two were away, the others were quite busy. Jiighual spent his time in the village kitchen, honing his culinary skills under the guidance of the elderly cook. Andhur was engrossed in learning to play the guitar, while Leeani ventured to the farm to learn about planting and tending crops from the elderly farmers. Qarek and Kazaks, on the other hand, well, they were busy as always, stirring up mischief and laughter wherever they went," Zach explained, a faint smile playing on his lips as he recounted their activities.

Amused by Zach's recounting of their friends' activities, Yzavynne let out a soft chuckle. "It sounds like everyone's been keeping busy," she remarked, her tone filled with warmth.

Ruby'ck nodded eagerly in agreement. "Yes, it's been quite eventful around here! But I'm glad we're all back together now," she said with a smile, her eyes shining with happiness.

Zach's response carried a tone of reassurance, assuring Yzavynne and Ruby'ck that their absence hadn't disrupted the peaceful routine of their companions. "Not much has changed while you were away. Our comrades continue to lead simple lives here," he explained.

Zach's expression softened as he began to speak, his voice carrying a weight of somberness mixed with determination. "There's something else I need to tell you both," he said, his gaze shifting between Ruby'ck and Yzavynne. "It's about Gargeal."

Ruby'ck's brow furrowed in concern, her eyes reflecting the seriousness of Zach's tone. "What about him, Zach?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

Zach took a deep breath, steeling himself for the difficult conversation ahead. "Gargeal... he's left the band," he said, his words heavy with regret.

Yzavynne's eyes widened in surprise, her features falling as she processed the news. "Left? But why?" she asked, her voice tinged with disbelief.

"It's... complicated," Zach replied, his tone tinged with sadness. "But he felt it was time for him to move on, to find his own path."

Ruby'ck's brows furrowed deeper, her heart heavy with the weight of Zach's words. "Master... leaving?" She repeated, the disbelief evident in her voice. "But he's been with us for so long..."

Yzavynne's eyes widened in shock, her mind struggling to grasp the reality of the situation. "I can't believe it," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. "He was always there for us..."

Zach's gaze softened as he watched their reactions, a pang of sadness tugging at his heart. "I know it's a lot to take in," he said gently, his voice tinged with sympathy. "But Gargeal made this decision for a reason. He believes it's the right path for him."