Chapter - 1

Centuries ago, when monarchs ruled the world, a myth whispered through the winds: there existed a hidden kingdom of sorcerers, powerful and mysterious. Yet, no one had ever glimpsed its elusive form. Legends spoke of a city that danced with shadows, shifting its location with every heartbeat of time.

In this mystical tale, we find two souls entwined by fate. Dhithi, daughter of the king of Mayapradesh—the land of magic—was spirited and daring. Her laughter echoed through the enchanted forests, and her eyes held secrets untold. Aadhira, on the other hand, was timid, her steps cautious as she followed Dhithi's lead. They were inseparable, like light and shadow, their bond forged before memory itself.

One day, deep within the forest, Dhithi swung on a vine, her laughter echoing among ancient trees. Aadhira stumbled upon her, breathless and anxious. "Dhithi, what madness possesses you? Your father nearly beheaded me for losing sight of you!" Aadhira's voice trembled with both fear and exasperation.

Dhithi, still swaying on the swing, raised an eyebrow. "Calm down, Aadhira. I didn't run away; I merely sought to explore. The forest holds secrets, you know. It's not as if I'll meet my demise here."

Aadhira's sarcasm dripped like dew from leaves. "Explore, you say? Without your father's permission? He'd have my head for this!"

Their laughter mingled with the rustling leaves. "We're like two sides of the same coin," Dhithi mused. "You, the cautious one, and I, the reckless dreamer. But together, we're unstoppable."

Aadhira sighed, her gaze softening. "Remember when we met? Your parents, the Duke and Duchess, introduced us. We were mere babes, and yet destiny wove our paths together."

"Okay okay, now stop getting emotional and follow me, or else–"

"Or else my father will execute you, blah blah blah" Dhithi said in a monotone and got off the swing.

As the laughter of Dhithi and Aadhira echoed through the forest, they decided to leave their enchanted swing behind. But fate had other plans—plans that whispered in rustling leaves and danced in dappled sunlight.

Their tracks halted abruptly when a strange sound pierced the air. Aadhira's heart raced, urging Dhithi to retreat. "Leave, Dhithi! What madness draws you toward danger?" Aadhira's voice trembled with fear.

Yet Dhithi was already moving, curiosity pulling her like a moth to a hidden flame. The sound emanated from behind a dense bush, its leaves quivering in anticipation. Dhithi peered through the foliage, her eyes widening in shock.

Aadhira caught up, breathless. "What is it? Why won't you listen?" Her words tumbled out, a desperate plea.

Dhithi's gaze remained fixed on the scene before her. "I'm fine," she finally replied, her voice hushed. "But he isn't."

There, crumpled against the gnarled roots, lay an injured man. His clothes were tattered, and blood stained the earth beneath him. His eyes fluttered, consciousness slipping away like mist at dawn.

Aadhira's mind raced. An injured man in the heart of the forest—what sorcery was this? Was he a friend or foe? Panic clawed at her chest.

Dhithi knelt beside the stranger, her fingers brushing his forehead. "He's no enemy," she murmured. "I could feel that...Perhaps he sought refuge here."

Aadhira's skepticism warred with compassion. "But why? And how did he end up like this?"

Dhithi's eyes held secrets. "Perhaps he knows about our kingdom"

And so, in the dim light of dusk, the two friends faced a choice: to flee or to unravel the mystery that lay bleeding at their feet.